Dell Venue 8 Pro accessory thread

danwanna

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Dell is horribly slow shipping accessory orders. I ordered the case and stylus a couple weeks ago but they still haven't shipped. In the meantime I've ordered and received a couple cases from Amazon but none look to be as good as the Dell case.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site

I purchased this case from Amazon for 15.95 with free shipping. IOts supposed to arrive on 12-10-13. There was another one listed that appeared similar that is going for 13.75 coming from China.

EDIT I purchased it on ebay and it was supposed to get to me on December 10 and I am still waiting to get it. USPS tracking says it got to USPS sorting station in San Francisco on 12 6 13 and that's the last scan or info that I have. I have initiated a case

EDIT well the USPS apparently found my case and has finally dispatched it yesterday from San Francisco to Arkansas

Last edited:

bowulf

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
My Poetic SlimBook case showed up today, and it looks really good.
WP_20131206_001.jpgWP_20131206_004.jpg WP_20131206_005.jpg

All the notches are in the right place, and no usable switches or cameras are covered up by the case. The case seems to be well-constructed and a good buy.

Bo

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
The poetic case is a really good buy, I really like it. I just wish it had more room on the top and bottom to swipe when holding it landscape.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
The poetic case is a really good buy, I really like it. I just wish it had more room on the top and bottom to swipe when holding it landscape.

This is a big issue with any case that is meant for touchscreen with gestures. It is something that is forgotten many times.

mgabriel2#AC

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Just ordered an Active Stylus and this is what they are telling me ...

Dell Active Stylus for Venue Pro Tablets
Estimated Delivery Date: 12/30/2013

December 30th !!!! come on Dell

Asrialys

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Just ordered an Active Stylus and this is what they are telling me ...

Dell Active Stylus for Venue Pro Tablets
Estimated Delivery Date: 12/30/2013

December 30th !!!! come on Dell
According to a few people's interaction with Dell Support, they needed to make a new stylus since something was apparently wrong with the original. They only started sending out replacements to those who complained. Maybe they're working on improvements before sending yours?

smithtoo

Feb 4, 2008
Visit site
i hate the pen being on the outer edge of most of those cases, i wish there were a portfolio case that had the pen loop on the fold like the roocase portfolio. i emailed roocase, and they have no apparent plans to make a case for the dvp8, but i think that after the holiday there may be enough of them out there to justify it

Asrialys

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have recommendations for a screen protector?
I'm using the iLlumiShield one.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FY2SCN...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2259766

Easy application. Negative reviews seem to indicate that there are sensitivity issues after applying the protector. While, I thought the same when I first applied it, it seemed to go away after a while. Hard to say if sensitivity got worse when there were issues from the beginning, and there still are. Since the product did come with two, maybe I'll remove the first, check for sensitivity changes sans protector, and then apply the second protector...

TheArcaneFlame

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
According to a few people's interaction with Dell Support, they needed to make a new stylus since something was apparently wrong with the original. They only started sending out replacements to those who complained. Maybe they're working on improvements before sending yours?

I had ordered one last week and it says estimated delivery by the Dec 30th with a status of "In Production."

The details of that status are:

In Production
Upon approval of payment for your order, the order will be In Production. Production time includes obtaining the parts, assembly or build time, and shipping preparations/transit to the carrier. Shipping preparations will vary based on type of order and size.

So yes, I'm hoping that they are actually holding off on shipping until they have a new stylus that actually, consistently works as intended. While I'm anxious to get the stylus, I would much rather wait and receive one that works (hopefully) than get one which is going to frustrate the hell out of me and cause me to go through the hassle of getting a replacement.

That's the screen protector that I'm using as well. Seems to work well so far. I'm glad that they provide two screen protectors because try as I did, a small fiber got under the first one in the middle of the screen so I had to try again with the second one. Initially it felt a bit sticky but it seems to have smoothed out and feels better now.

Last edited:

smithtoo

Feb 4, 2008
Visit site
the stylus seems to suck for drawing, but it is awesome for notetaking. i use it with onenote at work and never carry around notepad anymore. I am still holding out on a better case option. i hate the dell case i have now

TheArcaneFlame

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
For anyone considering a neoprene style sleeve or slip case... the "BUILT Neoprene Envelope for 7 - 8 Inch e-Readers and Tablets" is actually just a bit too small. If it was about half an inch longer it would fit perfectly. You can get the DV8P in there but it's a bit of a struggle. They do make a 9 - 10 inch version geared towards netbooks so I ordered that one to try out. Amazon.com : BUILT Neoprene Envelope for 7-inch to 8-inch e-reader or Tablet, Black : Touch Screen Tablet Computer Sleeves : Electronics Hopefully it's not too big. I'll report back after I get it.

At work I've got the Logitech Tablet Keyboard for Android and that works just fine. They do make a Windows version of this keyboard now so that would obviously be preferable. It looks to be identical to the pure android version other than having the appropriate windows keys and whatnot. They're pretty slick in that they have a keyboard cover that turns into a multi-position stand for the tablet. Amazon.com: Logitech Tablet Keyboard for Windows 8, Windows RT and Android3.0+: Computers & Accessories

Since I already had that keyboard at work I decided to order the Logitech Bluetooth Illuminated Keyboard K810 and give that a try. Amazon.com: Logitech Bluetooth Illuminated Keyboard K810 for PCs, Tablets, Smartphones - Black: Computers & Accessories I'm looking forward to the fact that it's illuminated and also that you can use it with 3 different devices and switch between them with a simple button press. What I don't like is the lack of a cover or stand so I went looking for options along those lines...

For the cover I found the WaterField Designs Keyboard Slip Case. SFBags - WaterField Designs - Keyboard Slip - Keyboard Case - Apple Wireless Keyboard - TSA Checkpoint Friendly Once again, I'll report back on it one I have it in hand.

Still looking for a compact / fold up stand. Suggestions?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo