Does Venue 8 Pro support WiDi?

Aaron M

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I know all of the new 8.1 tablets, including Surface 2, advertise support for Miracast. But do the Baytrail tablets like, the Venue Pro 8, also support WiDi? I ask this because I have some older WiDi adapters that I doubt support Miracast (I know the new ones like the PVT3000 do, but I have PVT1000 and a 2nd gen Belkin).

Asrialys

May 22, 2013
Visit site
But there's Intel inside! *sigh* I did see the same answer on Amazon, that WiDi is not supported :/

Has anyone actually confirmed this?

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I believe (don't quote me on this) that I read a while back that in order to use WiDi, your machine needs three things: a supported Intel processor, Intel HD graphics, and a supported Intel Wifi adapter. I use WiDi for sales presentations for my business so WiDi support is very important in my purchasing decisions.

Aaron M

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Well it has an intel processor that uses intel graphics. So that's why I have hope that WiDi will work. I just need some confirmation.

Tyresian

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
So I received my Venue 8 Pro last night, I also ordered a PTV3000 to use for miracast. Miracast is the main reason I even ordered the tablet, so I can watch videos wireless and with good performance. The Surface RT with HDMI just wasn't cutting it and had issues with websites.

Anyway, I have a problem where miracast forces Portrait on the tablet and 800x600, so most of my screen is black bars... Also mind you Metro does not work at that low of a resolution and it is useless for anything and looks like garbage.

There is a threat on Dell's Support Forums about it. Problems with Dell Venue 8 Pro and Miracast - Mobile Devices Forum - Mobile Devices - Dell Community

Their support seems to not know anything.

leeboy2200

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
I've recently purchased a DV8P, and can't get Miracast to work on anything !?.. I've tried a Roku 3 which supports it, plus an LG TV which supports WiDi/Miracast. DV8P can't find the LG TV, but sees the Roku 3, starts to initialise then reverts back so never completes !?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte