Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Says 3-5 weeks backordered. IMHO $100 is too much for it, that's like 30-40% of the cost of the tablet itself. I understand the convenience of it but I can't see myself purchasing it.

Dell Tablet Wireless Keyboard : Computer Accessories | Dell
    waym1962 and xandros9 like this.

It does come with a case at least, and the case is $40 by itself. But that is a lot of money for the keyboard and a folio case.

The price is highly disappointing :(

Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    If I am seeing this right, this is a separate stand alone keyboard with a cover for the keyboard that converts into a tablet stand. It is not what I imagined when I read the title.

The price doesn't seem too bad. Most bluetooth keyboards are decently expensive. And this has a case too.

It's just that the DVP8 is just so cheap that this looks expensive by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoOne View Post
    If I am seeing this right, this is a separate stand alone keyboard with a cover for the keyboard that converts into a tablet stand. It is not what I imagined when I read the title.
    Well, the description implies that the keyboard can attach to the case. The Amazon Japan product page has more images, but it's hard to see how the magic works. It apparently uses magnets. It was on Amazon Japan first and I had hoped that the Japanese price didn't reflect North America's...

Here's a video. Can't see the back still. Images make it seem like the thing (pen holder, I guess?) that the front cover folds back into protrudes from the back...

Last edited by Asrialys; 12-10-2013 at 12:27 AM.
    Thanked by:

I would guess the pen holder might be an optional attachment by the one picture where they show the keyboard and case attached together.

The special part about it was the keyboard IS the front of the case and attached via magnets.

Global Posts
    1,060 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    Add the pen to the package and it's not a bad price. Without the pen, it's way too expensive.

Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
    Well, the description implies that the keyboard can attach to the case. The Amazon Japan product page has more images, but it's hard to see how the magic works. It apparently uses magnets. It was on Amazon Japan first and I had hoped that the Japanese price didn't reflect North America's...

Here's a video. Can't see the back still. Images make it seem like the thing (pen holder, I guess?) that the front cover folds back into protrudes from the back...
    I understand now. Thanks!

So I went ahead and ordered one since my original folio order was delayed another 2 weeks and the order page said the shipping time for the keyboard/case was "3-5 business days" instead of "3-5 weeks." However now the email I received from Dell says the expected delivery date is "Monday, December 30, 2013" , what gives? 5 business days is the 19th and I paid for 2-day shipping...

The guy is the video is using an abacus app.

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Got this today works well and looks good. 33.00 on ebay and fast shipping. I don't like the way it clips in but a screen protector should solve that problem. Item: Aerb Universal Bluetooth Keyboard Leather Case For 7-8" Or 9-10" Inch Tablet

Sent from my C6802 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Item: Aerb Universal Bluetooth Keyboard Leather Case For 7-8" Or 9-10" Inch Tablet
    Here a link. Took me a couple times to get it paired but seems all good now.
    Guess I can't post links.. Sorry

Global Posts
    1,060 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    Could you update us on how you like this case/keyboard once you have used it more. My wife loves her DVP but insist on having a keyboard. This looks like a viable option as long as it works smoothly.
    Just ordered Dell Tablet Wireless Keyboard : Computer Accessories | Dell http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...9&sku=460-BBHL
    This is made specifically for dvp8. Its case, Bluetooth keyboard that separates from case and pocket for stylus. 99.00.

Quote Originally Posted by nthknd View Post
    Item: Aerb Universal Bluetooth Keyboard Leather Case For 7-8" Or 9-10" Inch Tablet
    Here a link. Took me a couple times to get it paired but seems all good now.
    Guess I can't post links.. Sorry
    Dear goodness. I hope the other ones that have this style don't have tablet holders like that...

So some people have received the Dell BT keyboard case. The keyboard attaches to the front flap via magnets but the front flap is loose. So if you hold it upside down it swings open. The keyboard is apparently of decent quality at least.

Dear goodness. I hope the other ones that have this style don't have tablet holders like that...
    Care to elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by pankaj981 View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    If you look on Amazon for tablet keyboard cases, you'll find several of them share the same style (the keyboards are pretty identical), but have different brand names. I'm pretty sure they mostly come from the same place. From the looks of the images provided, the Dell tablet will be held in by plastic clips. That doesn't look stable or good for the tablet. So I'm hoping that IVSO's doesn't use a similar method to hold the tablet.

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    So I'm hoping that IVSO's doesn't use a similar method to hold the tablet.
    Funny you should mention IVSO as I just recently acquired their folio case and I really, really like it and the way it protects the device without being so thick. In fact, it barely adds any thickness at all to be honest. I was hesitant at first, but I tried the Poetic case that's been mentioned on here and it was way too thick for my tastes and the mechanism for a stand, was simply a cutout tab on the back the front edge of the front cover would slip into and not stable at all. The IVSO, reminds me of a smart cover for an iDevice with also protection for the rear.

Here's the case I'm talking about that I really like: Amazon.com: IVSO Slim Smart Cover Case for Dell Venue 8 Pro (Windows 8.1) Tablet, Only fit DELL Venue 8 Pro windows 8.1 tablet (Black): Computers & Accessories

It's not a smart case as stated however, as the screen doesn't automatically come on when you open it up.

I was talking about the keyboard case. For example, IVSO's keyboard case and Slim Smart Cover Case for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 are totally different designs. If I decide that I don't really need a keyboard to carry along, I'll probably get a slim case from IVSO. And then maybe shell out for the Logitech K810 sometime down the road if I want to carry around a Bluetooth keyboard with me. I do have two wireless USB keyboards, but they're quite long to be portable. I use them if necessary, but then I lose access to the micro USB slot, should I need it for anything else.

If you look on Amazon for tablet keyboard cases, you'll find several of them share the same style (the keyboards are pretty identical), but have different brand names. I'm pretty sure they mostly come from the same place. From the looks of the images provided, the Dell tablet will be held in by plastic clips. That doesn't look stable or good for the tablet. So I'm hoping that IVSO's doesn't use a similar method to hold the tablet.
    If its anything like there keyboardless case it will be pretty slick.

Quote Originally Posted by derek533 View Post
    Funny you should mention IVSO as I just recently acquired their folio case and I really, really like it and the way it protects the device without being so thick. In fact, it barely adds any thickness at all to be honest. I was hesitant at first, but I tried the Poetic case that's been mentioned on here and it was way too thick for my tastes and the mechanism for a stand, was simply a cutout tab on the back the front edge of the front cover would slip into and not stable at all. The IVSO, reminds me of a smart cover for an iDevice with also protection for the rear.

Here's the case I'm talking about that I really like: Amazon.com: IVSO Slim Smart Cover Case for Dell Venue 8 Pro (Windows 8.1) Tablet, Only fit DELL Venue 8 Pro windows 8.1 tablet (Black): Computers & Accessories

It's not a smart case as stated however, as the screen doesn't automatically come on when you open it up.
    I received my ivso case last night. It is REALLY nice. There is a magnet in the cover somewhere so when you use it as a stand, the cover Is held folded in place. It is also very stable while in the stand position as well. Great case!

I cancelled my order for the Dell BT keyboard/case. The reviews I've seen weren't very good and it has some odd key placement like the " being in a weird spot and activated via a function key.

I bought the IVSO case to use as a folio case and then bought a MS Wedge keyboard to use as a portable keyboard.

Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by philxor View Post
    I cancelled my order for the Dell BT keyboard/case. The reviews I've seen weren't very good and it has some odd key placement like the " being in a weird spot and activated via a function key.

I bought the IVSO case to use as a folio case and then bought a MS Wedge keyboard to use as a portable keyboard.
    I am using this combo now and I love it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast