stylus cursor disappeared!

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Dell advertises that the stylus has a hover function, meaning there's an on-screen cursor when you hover your stylus over the screen. This worked for a couple days then the cursor completely disappeared and I have no idea how to bring it back. I've tried searching Bing and looking around control panel for an hour and came up with nothing.
Stylus works fine, just that there's no hover cursor. Any idea how to fix short of a complete reset?

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have never seen the hover cursor from day one. The only thing I can see if when press the lower button (context menu) and you will see a circle.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Is there any driver for stylus?
I'll try CS when I get some down time

Any piece of hardware will require a driver. Its just software that tells the CPU what it does, how it does it, etc.... It may not be drivers for the stylus, but the digitizer.

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Mine doesn't show a cursor either. It just lights up whatever element I'm hovering over to indicate that I'm on target. Didn't even know there was supposed to be a cursor.

Ted#WP

Feb 5, 2009
Visit site
I recently downloaded the latest Dell's update this past weekend. I didn't use to have this finger point cursor before. It used to be some kind of a hover mark tiny circle.

Now it looks like this on Chrome. I kinda like it.

7ese9ane.jpg

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I recently downloaded the latest Dell's update this past weekend. I didn't use to have this finger point cursor before. It used to be some kind of a hover mark tiny circle.

Now it looks like this on Chrome. I kinda like it.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/25/7ese9ane.jpg

There was an update? Did you have to download it manually? I know my Dell Updater ran as recently as yesterday and I haven't seen anything.

Ted#WP

Feb 5, 2009
Visit site
There was an update? Did you have to download it manually? I know my Dell Updater ran as recently as yesterday and I haven't seen anything.

I had set my Dell updater on manual. But the other day I manually clicked Check For Updates. So it might have been older stuff since the last time I did that. I don't remember the last time prior to that. However I do have the Windows Updates on automatic update. It could be from MS I cant be sure. Sorry for the confusion.

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I just checked and all my software appears to be up to date. Wonder why I'm not seeing that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Ted#WP

Feb 5, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I just checked and all my software appears to be up to date. Wonder why I'm not seeing that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

I have since hit a few updates. Now the stylus cursor changed to this. Weird cause I didn't make any setup changes. No more finger cursor. Actually I prefer this one cause the finger was obnoxiously distracting and it's not accurate. The tip of the finger wasn't the point of contact.

Why cant I pick and choose what cursor I want?

6e4usysu.jpg

drg

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
My pointer appears when I first turn on the dv8p. After an hour or so, once I turn it back on from sleep the pointer disappears. Pen still works as I hover but I have to restart and I can see the pointer again. didn't happen when I first got the stylus a few months ago. will have to call Dell support see what's going on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss