Windows 10 Preview on the Venue 8 Pro?

Daves_Desk

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I have tried, everything except Wifi is working so far. The Wifi driver from the Dell Support site will not install and gives an error indicating 'current system is not supported'. I'm using an external USB wifi adapter to download drivers/updates.

Daves_Desk

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Worked like a charm, FYI for others, the Wifi device shows up a Generic SDIO and the Dell 1538 driver is what you need. Also remember it uses x86 version of Windows/Drivers

Daves_Desk

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I did a fresh install, don't know how much space is left didn't check but I have the 64GB model. After using it for awhile I can't say that I'd recommend installing it. It really isn't ready for tablets, the focus so far is really on the desktop experience, which doesn't work very well on an 8inch device. The modern IE is gone, and all the Store apps run on the desktop so the keyboard doesn't automatically pop up anymore when in a text field.

minipot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have tried, everything except Wifi is working so far. The Wifi driver from the Dell Support site will not install and gives an error indicating 'current system is not supported'. I'm using an external USB wifi adapter to download drivers/updates.

Everything except WiFi? Does that include the stylus? I wasn't planning to install yet, but I was just wondering in general.

Thanks.

rojero

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I've installed Win10 Technical Preview on my Dell Venue 8 Pro 32 GB and everything works fine (wifi etc.). BUT I don't like Windows 10 Preview because it is made for desktop users with mouse control:( and now I can't reset to my factory settings with 8.1 version installed. Anyone can help?

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Installed this last night - seems quicker (j/k!)

In all seriousness, everything went through with no problems.

Wifi came up instantly and remembered my sign in; my stylus works flawlessly - yes, the forward button still activates right-click functions.

Having some difficulty with Bluetooth; can't seem to add my mouse or keyboard..

Except for this, the OS really feels smooth and almost like a finished product which really surprised me. In spite of the BT issue, I am sticking with it. I'm sure this will be restored in an upcoming update; at worst when W10 finally launches..

Last edited:

ToddKlindt

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
From what I've seen, the Windows 10 Preview doesn't really add much to Windows 8.1 for touch only devices like this one. We're all going to keep using the Start Screen as opposed to the new Start Menu. I'm running 10 on a few things but not my DV8 Pro.
Tk

Wm DeRosier

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I wish for the tablets they wouldn't have the desk top at all. It's to small . I would get a rt device but they have none in the 8 inch range.
What people don't understand is rt is the same as other just doesn't have desk top. No one is going to run photo shop on 8 inch devices . That would be stupid. I really hope ms comes out with a small tablet with rt or WP os . That's what little tablets are for. Thanks for letting me vent. On the windows 10 on dell venue 8 pro. I tried it . Not for tablets. PC os . Took it back off and ill wait.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3