Removing Recovery Partition by Alternate Means>

mcewinter

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
I have tried removing the partition per the well documented guide by creating a bootable USB with a backup up the partition. The guide mentions an option at the end to delete the partition which I am not given.

I'm new to windows 8, not to mention windows on an 8 inch tablet. My hopes and dreams were to reinstall using the bootable which I had just created hoping that I would have an option to remove the partition during the process. I answered yes when asked if I wanted to repartition. During the process I got a scary message asking if I wanted to delete the trusted platform module...I opted out.

So now I have a fresh install via the USB I create and I still have my recovery partition that I'd love to get rid of. Any advice?

I did try to delete the override via elevated command prompt. No dice.

Thanks for reading.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you copied off the recovery partition you definitely should've gotten a delete option, unless... I know, your 8 Pro is probably recent, and is compressed/WIMBooted, which saves space over a normal setup but means the partition cant be deleted because its actually being used in normal operation.

mcewinter

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, tried it twice...no delete option. Could I possibly reinstall Windows with the USB I created and wipe the partition during that process?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
When did you get your Venue?

Because if my suspicion is correct, attempting to delete the recovery partition is counterproductive and can actually result in less available space.

mcewinter

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Very recently...less than a month. It is definitly a "lesser" tablet as it won't accept the Dell Active Stylus that's made for the Venue 8 pro and 11 pro. Mine is the exception per the back of the package (8345).

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Very recently...less than a month. It is definitly a "lesser" tablet as it won't accept the Dell Active Stylus that's made for the Venue 8 pro and 11 pro. Mine is the exception per the back of the package (8345).

Yea I'd leave the recovery alone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans