Back to 8.1 without backup?

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
So I have the tech preview installed and it is working just fine, but I want to roll back to the 8.1 install until the final build is ready just for functional reasons. Of course, being the sort of 'screw it, I don't need a backup' type of user that I am, I didn't run a system backup of 8.1 before installing the tech preview. I found the fresh install of 8.1 that I might need, but there are two problems...

1) There's no 'sticker' with my Win license on it on my Venue...
2) The Dell drivers are not included with the MS backup...

So, what are the options, or should I just wait a month until the update is official? :)

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Have you checked the Dell website and/or called them? You should be able to download drivers. May need to call them re: the Windows key. Find the Dell service tag on your system, it'll help.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
You can grab the drivers off the dell website, just need the service tag from the back of the device. I am still looking for my windows key as well lol. Although I thought it was hard coded into the firmware.

bigeduck

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
So really the *only* way to install windows without a backup is to use and OTG cable to charge and connect a mouse to reinstall windows 8 from starch as there is no way to slipstream the drivers into the installation or progress through recovery without a mouse and if you don't have an otg cable you'll get the error that it needs to be charged while running the installer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss