Install apps to SD card

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
With the latest Insider build, MS enabled the functionality to install Windows Store apps onto the external microSD card as well as store offline maps on external storage. I personally performed a clean install from the ISO and enabled the feature, and I must say...its freaking amazing! Now I have 18GB + 64GB to install Windows Store apps.

Has anyone tried it yet?

bigeduck

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I have, but not from a clean install, and haven't installed any new apps yet, but I have app / documents / pictures defaulted to save to my SD. It's a really nice option specially on the 32 gig model.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes it indeed is. I've noticed certain apps crash when installed on the microSD, especially games (Asphalt 8). Also storing maps on the SD card makes the maps app crash. May be I should be formatting the SD card as NTFS and not exFAT. I'll have to do some checks.

Tisho

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm a lorry driver and have to say that to have all my maps on sd card is just amazing. Don't have problems with crash to the moment, all Europa maps on sd card almost 10gb.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Maps and some apps still crash after a clean install of the build released last week. I guess I'll just wait till Microsoft releases the official TH2 build next week.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon