Windows 10 iso

bitan00

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Is it possible to update my dv8p to Windows 10 by downloading iso file (about 3gb) ? Is it safe?

If yes then which edition of Windows 10 iso should I download?

As I have very weak internet connection, I can't update via Windows update.. :(

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
You have three options:

1. The media creation tool
  2. You can download the iso from here and you will need to use a download manager that supports resume/pause (suchas flashget): Windows 10
  3. Use P2P on your own local network, go to settings -> update & security -> advanced options -> choose how updates are delivered -> turn it on -> PCs on my local network. This way when computer downloads the update, you will able to feed other machines in your own network thus speeding up the process greatly. The last option uses your machines and the internet (personally I wouldn't recommend that in the event there is an infected node, however it is there if you wish to use that).

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
What is suchas flashget?

And what is KN and N ?

KN and N are versions of Windows 10 don't contain bundled certain bundled apps, programmes and services this due to a EU lawsuit where Microsoft was forced to stop bundling apps, programmes and services. The primary focus being Internet Explorer, which was deeply embedded into the Windows Operating system.

To check which version of Windows you have:

1) Right click the start menu
2) Click on Run
3) Type in WinVer, press enter and you will get something like this:
WinVer.PNG

If you have Windows 10 Home, It will say "Windows 10 Home operating system".

If you have Either N or KN it will say "Windows 10 N operating system" and so on.

If you use the media creation tool method and elect to choose the iso method, you will have the choice between Windows 10 edition and Windows 10 Edition. Choose the first option if you have Home Or Pro as it contains both versions. The same applies to the Windows 10 N edition (it contains both N and KN versions. This also applies if you downliad

Flashget, as previously indicated is a download manager.

You can get this here - direct download link:

Download FlashGet 3.7.0.1220 - Download - FileHippo.com

bitan00

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Mine is now showing "Windows 8.1 operating system..."

So which iso should I download (not media creation tool, I want to download from internet)

And After downloading iso what to do?

Last edited:

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Mine is now showing "Windows 8.1 operating system..."

So which iso should I download (not media creation tool, I want to download from internet)

And After downloading iso what to do?

Use the media creation tool. It will figure out automatically which version to install.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo