WIndows 10 a no-go...

Status
Not open for further replies.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have been trying to upgrade, and always get an error. Oh well, been trying all day, it has just failed for the 12 time. Tried a bunch of suggestions, on answers.com. Any one else able to update?

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Tried again, failed. Went to Dell.com, checked for updates to drivers. Updated 2 drivers and the BIOS. And tried again. And failed. This tab is a pain as it is just to start up, takes several tries before it boots. I don't know what to do next. Might sell it on eBay...

Marquis de Faux

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
OK, reset the tab, tried and failed. redownloaded the update tool and retried, it got to 40% and froze. Now it rebooted and been on the Dell startup screen for about 5 minutes... Maybe time to give up and trash this thing.... Maybe I might just stick with my Android tab instead...

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
There was 2 drivers not working that stopped the update. One was the NXP Proximity (?) and the Intel Management System. I uninstalled them and my tab is now on WIndows 10.... Woo Hoo... :evil:

iOS Gravity

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
There was 2 drivers not working that stopped the update. One was the NXP Proximity (?) and the Intel Management System. I uninstalled them and my tab is now on WIndows 10.... Woo Hoo... :evil:

Nice. I had a laptop on Windows 10 but it reset to Windows 7 from the bios, waiting on that upgrade download to be available.. My other laptop failed with the media creation tool even though I already reserved my upgrade. It said something about it being an inaccessible boot device since it couldn't preserve my data while updating. Glad you are having better luck than me. :) hopefully the Windows 10 update tool will have the update available soon. :)

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Well, now I got bad news, my dell venue crashed and can't instal anything. It won't read the USB stick with 8.1 it came with, and windows 10 no longer works. So I will probably stick it in the junk drawer for a couple years and then trash it. I have been trying to fix it. I got a couple things I can try left. But Dell wants me to send it back to them, but at a cost. Because the warranty has expired...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven