Dell Firmware Update

gyrferret

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone think that the upcoming update that will allegedly "fix" the freezing issue will affect those of us that did change the SD Card?

MrKhaki

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I hope it will!! So tired of the device crashing.

I saw a posting on the Dell forums that a newly received DVP had a newer version of the firmware (2250.1800.7355.210) and that he hadn't had any of the problems so many of us have.

My DVP has firmware *.206 so, fingers crossed, it will be release soon!

kenji117

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I just got my DVP on Wednesday and I have firmware 209. I have been experiencing some issues with WiFi but its hasn't been too bad. The phone crashed sorta once, had to turn it off because it froze up. Once I turned it back on, just a few min ago, its has been pretty smooth. Is it because I was downloading stuff at the same time? Hope this helps a bit =)

gyrferret

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
What I meant to ask is if the firmware will mess up those of us that switched out our ad cards from the ones that came with th device.

I know I did and it hasn't frozen up once, even while downloading large or multiple files off of the marketplace.

MrKhaki

May 3, 2011
Visit site
@raremage Thanks for posting the link to the article. It's an encouraging sign, but way too long of time for Dell to address.

Guess we just have to continue waiting.

MrKhaki

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, it's July 13 and still no firmware update. It's supposed to be released "mid-July" but at this point, I'm not counting on it.

MrKhaki

May 3, 2011
Visit site
According to a tweet from Lionel at Dell, the new firmware update is being rolled out to US and other countries today.

Will have to see if there's an update waiting for me when I get home tonight.

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
According to a tweet from Lionel at Dell, the new firmware update is being rolled out to US and other countries today.

Will have to see if there's an update waiting for me when I get home tonight.

*twiddles thumbs impatiently...*

now it's gonna be an even longer day than usual till I get home and can check this out!

grrrrrrr... =p

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
okay so... my DVP issues have not been anywhere near as bad as others have reported so I wasn't too annoyed by how long it has taken to get this sorted out but... in recent weeks my phone has been getting worse. More lags and lock-ups, more glitches, more random restarts... I'm getting pretty irritated by now and so this firmware update damn well BETTER be coming to me this week and it BETTER address these issues once and for all. I love this phone when it's working, I don't love the fact that I have to put that "when it's working" qualifier on that statement.

grrrrr....

GazRendar

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I got my Dell Venue Pro firmware update for a locked T-mobile device and it's working. On top of that, I'm showing 480.77MB of Total Memory. I think the RAM problem of only recognizing 256MB of RAM is finally fixed. That's a major relief when Mango multitasking arrives.

...and there was much rejoicing...

MrKhaki

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm now a happy Venue Pro owner. The update appeared last night and after running every app (especially Marketplace which was a guarantee to lockup the device) the thing didn't miss a beat over secure wifi... more zippy too.

Now the next test is to see how the Venue Pro operates under Mango. I have a feeling I might be upgrading my phone along with the OS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb