DVP owners help needed!

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Have you tried replacing the SD Card ? that worked for me and I have no issues with the phone anymore..

I've done it all, with the last update to 7392 I used the backup to restore to a new 32GB Sandisk Class 2 which cost me $100 as I wanted to ensure it was a genuine card. Still crashes and really the only real solution is a refund and to get another phone. Since that will not happen pressurising Dell to release the update is the only alternative left.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
So you don't think restoring the backup might have restored the same problem to your device. No telling if it would work, but you really need to start fresh before throwing your hands up. My Surround had a problem where it would crash or turn off sound if I tried to use the alarm. Noticed it a week after launch, as did many others. Waited five months for HTC to admit there was a problem, then I did a hard reset and no more alarm problems. Works perfectly. Everybody's mileage may vary but you have to start at the beginning.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I had 3 replacement devices and swapped 2 sd cards, all required a hard reset and nothing made a difference. Doing another hard reset just loses my data and gains nothing. And lets not forget the RAM issue, newer firmware reports the correct amount of RAM, 512 but our early, crashy models only show 256. That wont be fixed by a hard reset and could well be the source of the problems. This handset is faulty, no question about it, you only see that if you own one.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss