Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Hi I was considering buying a DVP, but it has the "invalid SIM" error. From some research I did this happened after a software update. I was wondering if this was fixed with one of the recent updates? or is it only able to be fixed by sending it into dell for a replacement? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Do you know which version of the DVP you are looking to buy? Is it a T-Mobile, AT&T, or carrier unlocked DVP? If you bought one that is carrier locked, to AT&T or T-Mobile, you will need to get that carrier to provide you with the unlock code, if you want to use another carrier's SIM card.

That would be one explanation as to why you are getting that error.
    Samsung Instinct>>Instinct s30>>Samsung Moment>>HTC EVO 4G>>HTC Arrive>>Nexus S 4G>>Samsung Focus Flash>>Dell Venue Pro>>Galaxy Nexus>>Nokia Lumia 800>>Lumia 900>>Lumia 920>>Lumia 520>>Lumia 925>>Moto G>>Moto X>>Lumia 1320>>Lumia 630>>Lumia 1520

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingp View Post
    Do you know which version of the DVP you are looking to buy? Is it a T-Mobile, AT&T, or carrier unlocked DVP? If you bought one that is carrier locked, to AT&T or T-Mobile, you will need to get that carrier to provide you with the unlock code, if you want to use another carrier's SIM card.

That would be one explanation as to why you are getting that error.
    Thanks for the response, It's a T-Mobile version with a T-Mobile SIM. I think it might be this issue that was reported on a while back.

http://www.windowscentral.com/dell-v...im-card-errors