Has anyone done a manual update to 8107?

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
First off can it be done and Is it worth doing a manual 8107 update to a Venue Pro?
I have an unlocked Tmobile version from NewEgg and operating on StraightTalk TMobile Sim card. I think its at 7720. I been reading if your going to do this you need to go to 7740 then to 8107 and then install the English language pack.
I guess the bottom line is if its worth it to do this?

kingp

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
First off can it be done and Is it worth doing a manual 8107 update to a Venue Pro?
I have an unlocked Tmobile version from NewEgg and operating on StraightTalk TMobile Sim card. I think its at 7720. I been reading if your going to do this you need to go to 7740 then to 8107 and then install the English language pack.
I guess the bottom line is if its worth it to do this?
I'm going to assume you are talking about going the XDA route and using their tools to update your device. My answer is no. The reason is that we will probably get the Tango update next month, so I'm in no hurry to risk breaking my device, by using the XDA hacks.

With that said, i know that the carrier unlocked DVP devices (not just SIM unlocked) already have the 8107 update pushed to them. Either way, I'll wait for Tango. It's about a month away probably.

tbonenga

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
uh straight talk is cdma. I assume you mean WalMart family mobile.
I to have a dell venue pro laying around. I typically use my hd7. Time to time I open it up and look for the 8107 update. I haven't seen it pop up yet. You would've thought tmo would've pushed it out by now.

joeaux

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I've got an unlocked DVP (great phone btw, if you have the firmware updates). If I were you, I'd go for the manual update. I really doubt you're gonna see Tango on the DVP. Very doubtful. I love that phone but when the 900 came out I couldn't stand it, I got the Lumia. :p
-joe-

cluberti

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
As long as you update your phone OS, the driver stack (in the case of the DVP), and all languages that are currently on your "stock" phone, you should have no trouble updating to 8107 (and maybe beyond?) from 7720 or 7740.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720