DVP Getting Tango!

joeaux

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Well a bunch of folks all over have been getting the Tango update for their DVPs. I just plugged mine in and nothing yet. Bummer. I love that little phone. It's very cool that they're gonna do the update to it. Alas the compass is still broken though. Oh well. I just wanna get the update...
-joe-

JustinMSalvato

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Who??

Well a bunch of folks all over have been getting the Tango update for their DVPs. I just plugged mine in and nothing yet. Bummer. I love that little phone. It's very cool that they're gonna do the update to it. Alas the compass is still broken though. Oh well. I just wanna get the update...
-joe-

I haven't heard anything. Who are these people? I have a DVP on T-mobile and I can just about guarantee that I will not be seeing Tango. I hope 7.8 includes the Tango updates.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
I haven't heard anything. Who are these people? I have a DVP on T-mobile and I can just about guarantee that I will not be seeing Tango. I hope 7.8 includes the Tango updates.
My guess is that it's unbranded devices that are getting it, because I know my DVP got 7740 because of that, whereas the T-Mobile ones are 7720 still, I believe.

That being said, I already manually updated mine, so I can't confirm if the update is being pushed.

joeaux

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I saw the post over at wmpoweruser.com. A bunch of people in the comments are getting it. My DVP is unlocked. Bought it straight from Dell. Got a good price too. I really do love that little phone. Still no update goodness for me though.
-joe-

asharma13

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
My DVP got Tango

I have updated my Dell Venue Pro to Tango (7.10.8773.98). First it updated for 8112 and then 8773.

How to update?

1. Plug your phone into your computer and open up Zune
  2. Press Settings, click Update. If it says you're up to date, it's time for some fun.
  3. Click away from the Update page and click back to check again, but immediately after clicking, disable your internet connection. We did this by heading into Windows 7's adapter settings and clicking "Disable this network device."
  4. If it worked, you should see an update notification magically appear. Wuh? Whatever. Re-enable your network and install the update, and repeat this process until Tango build 8773 is installed.

See this video: How to Trick Zune into installing Mango Now - YouTube!

Best of luck ;)

time pilot aka

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
neat!
edit: I am quite disappointed to report that this trick did not work for my own DVP. Maybe my internet is too fast. I don't know. Even when I pulled the ethernet cable, Zune kept telling me that my Venue Pro was update date with 7720. sigh.

Last edited:

JustinMSalvato

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I saw the post over at wmpoweruser.com. A bunch of people in the comments are getting it. My DVP is unlocked. Bought it straight from Dell. Got a good price too. I really do love that little phone. Still no update goodness for me though.
-joe-

Straight some Dell? So did I, but I didn't buy it unlocked. It's the only way to purchase it. If you bought it from ebay or Amazon, they got it from Dell.

joeaux

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Uh, yeah. Anyway, it's evidently being pushed out via Zune. More and more people are seeing it. I still can't seem to get it. I'm using the Mac connector so maybe that has something to do with it. The phone isn't telling me there's an update either. Huh.
-joe-

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
the news that this update is being pushed out is promising for sure but... personally, I'll believe it's real (for me) when I get the update notification upon connecting to Zune (hopeful but, not optimistic). good for those of you who HAVE gotten the update though!

lschaumer

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
today like every day I plugged my DVP to ZUNE on my computer to charge and it started to update to what I presume is mango all on its on, now it shows version; 7.10.8773.98 and I presume its Tango!

joeaux

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Got Tango today. First did the 8112 update, then the 8773 update. Sweet. I got it on my DVP before I got it on my Lumia 900. Go figure.
-joe-

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I still not received the Tango update on my DVP. Mine is an unlocked version that works on TMobile 3G. I purchased mine from Newegg when they were selling it. I will try that trick recommended above later today probably. Will it matter if I am on StraightTalk Tmobile sim card soon to change to tmobile's $30 plan on their web site?

Update... I just tried that trick mentioned in above post and it does not work for me.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss