Tango broke my dell

zultar

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I have a dell on Cincinnati Bell that got the tango update today. After the update the touch input on the phone doesn't work anymore. I can't find anyone else with the same problem so it may be unique to Cincinnati Bell.

trying out the restore from zune now

zultar

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Update: I did the restore and I still have the problem. Has anyone else had an issue with their Dell's touch screen not working?

I could only find one reference on the web and the question isn't answered (and it's a year old) Venue Pro unresponsive screen - Mobile Devices Forum - Mobile Devices - Dell Community

It would be odd timing for it to go out right when I did the update so I thought it was a firmware/driver issue, but the restore didn't fix it so I'm rather stuck/stumped at the moment.

falsehopess

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Update: I did the restore and I still have the problem. Has anyone else had an issue with their Dell's touch screen not working?

I could only find one reference on the web and the question isn't answered (and it's a year old) Venue Pro unresponsive screen - Mobile Devices Forum - Mobile Devices - Dell Community

It would be odd timing for it to go out right when I did the update so I thought it was a firmware/driver issue, but the restore didn't fix it so I'm rather stuck/stumped at the moment.
I came across a thread where someone had the same problem. It winded up being a ribbon cable disconnected. See if you can find it looking up a dell venue pro teardown or digitizer replacement

zultar

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
It ends up that my phone is under warranty even though it is a refurb. They are sending me a 'new' one now. Once I get it I'll update it to tango to see what happens. I assume the cable just came loose at a very odd time. Either way, we should know soon and it won't have cost me anything but hours of phone call support time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos