Help needed to update Dell Venue Pro with defective bootloader!

Sensonic

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Here's a pretty tricky question and I'd really appreciate if someone could find a solution to it.

I purchased a "wrecked" Dell Venue Pro without a micro SD card (well, actually I've purchased three of them and been able to "ressurrect" two of them) and it had the strangest kind of symptom: it freezes (I mean totally) every once in a while. The OS was Windows Phone 7.5.

So I couldn't do anything to the phone becase it was freezing all the time so I "unbricked" it with updatewp and ffu file. The phone returned back to Windows Phone 7004.
But there's still something wrong with the bootloader. If I try to change the region, try to put my SIM card in or try to sync the phone with WIFI, it freezes again. Zune tells me "the region and the clock are different on the phone than my computer's" (I'm Finnish and the region on the phone is USA).

I can enter to bootloader but in the "normal" operation the phone freezes again when it's connected to my computer.

So my question is: can I update the bootloader with updatewp and wp cabupdater in bootloader mode since it seems to work, well at least for that ffu file? And if yes, do I have to change the date and the clock of my computer to match the ones in Dell Venue Pro because I cannot alter its settings without getting it to freeze.

Any other hints how I could "ressurrect" the phone? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried manually changing the region settings through Engineering Mode? I had a similar issue a few years ago with an unlocked DVP that wouldn't accept carrier provisioning.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2