WP7 Update Cab Sender error message Hresult 0x801812C0

Sensonic

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I dunno whether this topic has already appeared here but my problem is the aforementioned error message which I'll get from WP7 Update Cab Sender while trying to update my Dell Venue Pro in a bootloader mode.

I purchased a wrecked Dell Venue Pro with a corrupted SD card.
I've tried to "resurrect" it but it freezes every once in a while even though I've done all "gimmicks" to replace the SD card.

So I "unbricked" my Dell Venue Pro with the FFU file which will downgrade it back to WP7.7004 version.
Now when I try to update the phone all the way to WP7.8862 it'll give me the aforementioned error message.
I cannot update it in a normal mode since it freezes but it doesn't seem to freeze in a bootloader mode.

I'm Finnish and my computer (WinXP SP 3) and Zune are in Finnish and the "unbricked" FFU is TMO_US.
I read somewhere that there's a "uncompatibly" between the region of my computer system and the phone.
So if that's the case, how do I change the region of my phone/computer in order to update the phone in a bootloader mode?
If I can flash Dell updates to my phone (after WP7.8107) then I might get rid of the whole freezing effect.

If all this I've written here is just pure mumbo jumbo, what's the real reason the computer gives that HResult 0x801812C0 error message?

I'd really appreciate if someone could help me. Thanks a million in advance!

Attachments

• 801812C0.jpg
    801812C0.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 10

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I've moved your thread to the Dell Venue Pro forum. Hopefully someone will still have this device or remember how to fix that error. It's a really old device, though, so there really is no guarantee that anyone will have an answer for you.

karthisaace

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi Sensonic
As u mentioned in your post 'I "unbricked" my Dell Venue Pro with the FFU file which will downgrade it back to WP7.7004 version' , I am wondering do u have the FFU file backup? If yes can u please share it... Because i recently did some mess by updating touch screen firmware to V2 through EM console, I couldn't able to find FFU file all the links provided are expired, You are my last HOPE.
Your help is sensuously appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3