Win 7 to 10 upgrade on Dell Inspiron - Explorer crashes few seconds after login. What can I do?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Win 7 to 10 upgrade on Dell Inspiron - Explorer crashes few seconds after login.

I upgraded my dad's win7 laptop to Windows 10 today, but now it has become a useless machine. The explorer crashes few seconds after login, and all it shows is a black screen.

Win10 is a flagship product of Microsoft and the first impression turned out to be bad. Is there any solution available. All i could do it to open Task manager using keyboard shortcut. Even starting 'explorer.exe' from task manager is not working as it crashes as soon as it starts.

Windows is unusable without explorer. If this is not fixable, then is there a way to make it just like it was before the upgrade. ie. Win 7 and then I will never upgrade this machine to Win 10. It turned out to be long, bad and an unnecessary upgrade for me when everything was working properly with Win7.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Win 7 to 10 upgrade on Dell Inspiron - Explorer crashes few seconds after login.

using task manager, get command prompt up and running with admin permissions.
something went wrong with the upgrade or there were underlying issues. regardless, I'd do the following.

If it were me, I would try this first:

Sometimes, especially after an upgrade or other damage some files might go south resulting in bad things. It once was a twilight/day difference on an older laptop of mine.

Solved SFC or DISM - Which to Run First?
The thing in the first post. I know OPs asking for advice, but what he posted is what I would do.

Run the commands in Command Prompt (as administrator)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)