Review at Salon.com

mknollman

Dec 22, 2008
Visit site
Wow, I read the entire article and it really drives home the fact that to most people the browser is the computer. This person spent 3/4 of this talking about sites that rendered and browsers that worked (or more commonly didn't). The observations made were strikingly similar to the "best browser" thread here in the forum. The reviewer ( and all of us ) have found there is no browser that can do it all. But a few that can do most of it.

They did at least mention that the tight integration for PIM, messaging, and internet was nice - which is why I like the RF so much.

graham.hughes

Nov 5, 2008
Visit site
to most people the browser is the computer.

Agreed. It's not WinMob's strong point, and the RF doesn't really help. The Redfly desperately needs a decent browser experience, or it struggles to compete with Linux netbooks that can run Firefox.

If Celio were smart, they'd provide some funding for the development of Iris, in return for a Redfly-optimized version, and ship that with the Redfly...

mknollman

Dec 22, 2008
Visit site
Yeah - that had been mentioned in the browser thread as well. I really wish there was a fix here, but for now + look to iris and maybe even the new kid UCweb to get the job done.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes