New Driver Update Posted -1.5.1.330

ckj

Jul 31, 2008
www.celiocorp.com
We moved the beta 6.5 phones over the the supported list and have just released build 1.5.1.330 as the latest official driver. There's code in there that improves the speed and stability for all phones in addition to adding support for many WM 6.5 phones and BlackBerry 5.0 phones.

Make sure you have a supported phone before installing.

For now, there is no beta driver as the latest-and-greatest is in the official 1.5.1.330 release for all users. If you have a beta driver, please go update to the latest released build.

The fastest way to get the driver is to point your phone's browser to http://m.celiocorp.com/install and download it OTA directly to your phone. Depending on your phone/REDFLY combo you may or may not also need a firmware update. If needed, your phone will tell you to update the firmware and walk you through the process.

Any original C8 owners that have installed the final C8 1.5.x.xxx firmware offered at http://www.celiocorp.com/008 can download the new 1.5.1.330 driver to their phone and get the same feature and functionality updates. To see if your C8 has the latest firmware posted at www.celiocorp.com/008, press the FN + REDFLY logo keys (while not connected to a phone). Look at "FW Version" in the pop-up window. If it says, "1.5.0.266" then you have the latest. If you have an earlier build, hit www.celiocorp.com/008 and download a cab from the links at the bottom before installing the 1.5.1.330 driver to your phone.

Last edited:

badersk

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
I loaded this on my Tilt running WM6.1 and it seems faster and more stable. I have the 1.5 C8 firmware loaded. I have an expo coming for a review and will try it on there.

slimcane

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
Three new issues after installing

1) This version disabled the TouchFlo Dialer and enabled the Windows Mobile dialer. I have re-tried my previous fix, and now I cannot change it back the same way. (See Post Here)

2) Keyboard in Opera does not work... again! I already posted a fix for this. PLEASE incorporate this into the next driver release! (See Post Here)

3) Bluetooth Icon GONE! - I am at a loss with this one. I installed no other software. Just the Redfly software. Now, I have no icon telling me that my bluetooth is on.

Last edited:

ckj

Jul 31, 2008
www.celiocorp.com
Let me check and see about these issues. We're working on similar bugs this week. I'll post back when I know more.

1) This version disabled the TouchFlo Dialer and enabled the Windows Mobile dialer. I have re-tried my previous fix, and now I cannot change it back the same way. (See Post Here)

2) Keyboard in Opera does not work... again! I already posted a fix for this. PLEASE incorporate this into the next driver release! (See Post Here)

3) Bluetooth Icon GONE! - I am at a loss with this one. I installed no other software. Just the Redfly software. Now, I have no icon telling me that my bluetooth is on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans