Issues since the 6.5 support

Velvis

Sep 7, 2006
Visit site
I am using a C8 with a Sprint Touch Pro (custom 6.5.x rom) using the newest 330 driver. Since the 6.5 support I have been having the following issues:

1) Clicking the Start menu on screen brings down the honeycomb startmenu in portrait mode. So most of it isnt not visble on the redfly. Pressing the Start button on the RF keyboard brings up a usable start menu in landscape format.

2) I cant get standard today plugins to show automatically. Connecting the RF shuts off Sense 2.5 but doesnt turn on any plugins. If I manually select the plugins they show but disconnecting the RF leaves them and doesnt restart Sense.

Suggestion:

1) Auto switch of the screen quality based on connection. USB - Better Quality, Bluetooth - lower quality.

Velvis

Sep 7, 2006
Visit site
I just downloaded the latest firmware 338, and it doesnt seem to address any of the issues I am having.

Is there a way to get the Redfly to disable Sense 2.1 or 2.5?

MPrimo

Mar 2, 2009
Visit site
Velvis,

Before WM6.5 HTC had just named their interface Touch Flo on all phones which meant we didn't have to worry about it for each carrier. Now due to the handset carriers/manufacturers changing the name of Touch Flo on the various iterations of the same phone we are having to change the way the driver works. We are aware of the issue and are working on a fix for it. I will let you know as soon as it is available. I will also look for a possible quick fix workaround.

Matt Primavera
Celio Corp.

Velvis

Sep 7, 2006
Visit site
That would be great. I tried playing around with the registry to rename Sense to TouchFlo 3D but Sense wouldnt start back up even when I checked it manually.

Please keep me posted.

Velvis

Sep 7, 2006
Visit site
I have also noticed
that if the Redfly driver is installed the Sense interface wont open any messages (sms or outlook) or allow to reply to them. (Regardless of if the Redfly is actually connected or not)

MPrimo

Mar 2, 2009
Visit site
Velvis,

After having fixed the issue with Sense not closing in a soon to be released update and then re-reading through your post I realized that you are using a custom rom. It is impossible for us to support all of the custom roms out there. In the officially released 6.5 rom the Sense UI on the Verizon touch pro 2 is working finewhen disconnected and turning off when connected. But there is no feasible way we can take into account all of the changes a custom rom would have made while still preserving support for the official roms.

Matt Primavera
Celio Corp.

Velvis

Sep 7, 2006
Visit site
Hi Matt,
Thanks for the reply. I certainly understand not supporting custom roms. Do you have an ETA on the new release?

Thanks.

LasseT

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Matt,

wouldn't is be possible with a setting in the RF settings on the phone that gives the oportunitie to define what should be turned of and on when starting and stopping RF.

I mean, this is regardless of custom ROM's or whatever.
If you don't define anything, it acts like the default defined by Celio.

MPrimo

Mar 2, 2009
Visit site
Velvis,
The latest driver version 1.5.1.347 has been released on our website at http://www.celiocorp.com/install If you have a C8 you can choose either C8n or C7 and it won't matter as there is not a firmware update for the C8.

LasseT,
Under Program Files/REDFLY you will find an AppAdapt.xml file. This can be modified, but we do not support it and you do it at your own risk. In this file we turn off things such as Touch Flo, HTC sense etc... and make other modifications that we know affect the phones performance when connected to the REDFLY

Matt Primavera
Celio Corp.

anon159272

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
I tested 1.5.1.347 on my Touch Pro 2 running the stock Sprint 6.5 ROM. RF and phone connected, but video never transferred from the phone to the device. Tried through a soft reset as well. I know it's not supported, just mentioning it. If anyone else has this combination working let me know.

Rick Warr

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Celio Redfly C8 with the HTC HD2 running WM 6.5 Pro

Matt

I have also experienced difficulties using my Celio Redfly C8 with the HTC HD2 running WM 6.5 Pro.

Having previously successfully used my Redfly with the 02 XDA Pro (I-mate Jasjar), UbiQuo 503g and HTC TyTn II I was surprised that the HTC HD2 failed to work correctly.

I installed the driver RFP6_C7C8N_01051347 and the Redfly application runs on phone start up but when connected using a USB Cable the graphics on the Redfly are erratic, very large and incorrectly orientated. Any effort to use the Redfly causes the phone to lock up, requiring soft reset using the button near the battery (as I am unable to access the software Soft Reset) and on a number of occasions the phone indicates an Incoming Phone Call.

These issues are the same with the HTC Sense ON or OFF.

I am currently using my HTC HD2 as a phone and my old HTC TyTn II to support my Redfly. This is clearly not ideal and as an avid supporter of the Redfly concept I would appreciate any advice the forum can provide.

Regards

Rick (UK)

badersk

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
There is a special firmware for the c8 to support 6.5 I have the link to it at work and it may be on here

Here it is
http://www.celiocorp.com/008
It is kind of use at your own risk but I did it and it works fine with my Tilt 2 running 6.5 however you might need to turn off Sense to use it because it tries to turn off touch flo but the registry setting is different.
I don't know if there will be anymore support we haven't heard anything from them in a while and all the devices show back ordered on their site.

Last edited:

MPrimo

Mar 2, 2009
Visit site
Rick Warr
PM your email and I will create an xml file that is specific to the HD2. It is not currently a supported device, but for the most part I can get rid of the screen corruptions and random calling issues.

Badersk
The new key for sense was fixed in 347. It no longer requires sense to be turned off.

anon159272

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
badersk, I think you might be replying to me (not sure?). I have the latest firmware on my C8, since earlier builds of the redfly software do work. It's just the latest version (347) for which the transfer of video from the Touch Pro 2 to the Redfly fails. Earlier builds (such as 330) do work with my Touch Pro2 and C8.

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Rick Warr
PM your email and I will create an xml file that is specific to the HD2. It is not currently a supported device, but for the most part I can get rid of the screen corruptions and random calling issues.

Badersk
The new key for sense was fixed in 347. It no longer requires sense to be turned off.
Hi,

I wish to use my C8 with a new purschased HTC HD2. I am not sure which firmware I should download and install in order for the C8 to work properly. Can you help me? My e-mail is: constantin.fota@xnet.ro

mmbika#WP

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Rick Warr

Badersk

I too have issues with HD2 and have not been able to use Redfly even after 4 days since I bought it. I am trying to search the web, but the AppAdapt.xml is just blank when I check it. It connects sometime, sometimes work and when it does I really like it, but in all instances it definitely freezes my HD2 when I disconnect, be it USB or BT. I have had to soft reset HD2 via button on the back as no soft buttons are available due to device freeze. I had reset it for some 30 times now!

Can anyone please send me specific appAdapt.xml for HD2 for the time being?

And is Celio Corp got alive as there is no activity on site or no posts by Celio engineers here?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)