Has anyone did a 1.5 to 1.4 Firmware downgrade?

wagadesa#WN

Apr 5, 2001
Visit site
I was forced to do a Firmware downgrade because of issues with my C8 and Sprint HTC Touch Pro2.

Issues: Bluetooth icon disappearing, inability to connect with bluetooth after initial pairing.

Unfortunately after downgrading based on previous post by Laurie (@CelioCorp) - the RedFly reports there is no serial number and bluetooth is disabled. :eek:
Fortunately - I am able to connect via USB, but I really use bluetooth for connect most times.

Has anyone else had similar experience? Is there a way to reprogram the serial number back into the C8? :confused:

Could this be the reason for the disclaimer on the updated Firmware release relative to C8's? :hmm:

anon159272

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
I was forced to do a Firmware downgrade because of issues with my C8 and Sprint HTC Touch Pro2.

Issues: Bluetooth icon disappearing, inability to connect with bluetooth after initial pairing.

Unfortunately after downgrading based on previous post by Laurie (@CelioCorp) - the RedFly reports there is no serial number and bluetooth is disabled. :eek:
Fortunately - I am able to connect via USB, but I really use bluetooth for connect most times.

Has anyone else had similar experience? Is there a way to reprogram the serial number back into the C8? :confused:

Could this be the reason for the disclaimer on the updated Firmware release relative to C8's? :hmm:

Yes (happened to me). This is exactly what happened to me and probably the reason for the disclaimer. The good news is that going back to 1.5 fixed by previously BT-bricked Redfly.

wagadesa#WN

Apr 5, 2001
Visit site
Yes (happened to me). This is exactly what happened to me and probably the reason for the disclaimer. The good news is that going back to 1.5 fixed by previously BT-bricked Redfly.

Thanks Haus for sharing that - I was beginning to think I was the only one to suffer from this problem.

So what combination of Phone version / RedFly firmware did you find success with? 1.4 Phone/1.5 Firmware or 1.5 Phone/1.5 Firmware

From my experience the 1.5/1.5 combo is a no go...
I'll try 1.4/1.5 and if this fails - I will trash the Red Fly and never purchase from Celio again. :censored:

Sam

wagadesa#WN

Apr 5, 2001
Visit site
Good News indeed - it appears 1.4/1.5 combo works quite well. So far the problems I had with 1.5/1.5 (see above) are not present.

Thank you Haus... my RedFly C8 gets an extended life.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999