A Free app for Kids - Kids Tube

avnera

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
KidsTube is a great interface for safe and clean viewing of videos for children.
Parents no longer have to supervise what their children are viewing or what their children are searching for on Google's YouTube.

With a simple user interface, your children can navigate and watch children's videos for hours and hours. Content is updated every time you launch the application. Pin videos you like to the desktop for easy access.

KidsTube.png

Download Link: Kids Tube

AlbertJelica

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
hi,

I just downloaded the app and I think it is great, I can't wait to show it my little cousin. :-D
She is one year old and her name is Gabriela, she's really into watching the Teletubbies and Bob the Builder on YouTube. Everytime I come to visit my uncle she runs towards me and searches for my Lumia. She already knows how to start/pause a video. When Gabriela has my Lumia, she is really quiet and I don't even fear that she could break it by throwing it anywhere. She just sits there and watches her videos. :)
However, I live in Austria and soon she will learn to speak and I would like to show her videos in german. So could you possibly add videos in different languages to the app?
I and surely many others would really appreciate that.

Murgatroyd7

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Parents no longer have to supervise what their children are viewing or what their children are searching for on Google's YouTube.
Except that my son can tap on one the ads and be taken to Internet Explorer without any restrictions. This app is a great start, but an ad-free version is a must. I would gladly pay to get rid of ads and perhaps be given the ability to add my own videos.

avnera

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your comments.

AlbertJelica:
However, I live in Austria and soon she will learn to speak and I would like to show her videos in german. So could you possibly add videos in different languages to the app?

AlbertJelica, I will try to add additional languages but it will have to be a different app variant or within a special settings. The problem of course is, I don't know the shows each region uses. Even if i add German, I'm sure it's not like the kids shows in Austria. perhaps adding a private collection should solve this issue.

Murgatroyd7, peachy001 I don't like ads. I don't like getting them and I don't like providing them. but, the fact is that most users prefer not to pay for apps. and of course you can't expect developers to work for free. In the ads account configuration I've selected to limit the ads to kids safe content only within the education category. you should not get any condom ads there.

Are you using the app on Windows Phone 8 or 7.5?
I'll evaluate the option to add an In-App purchase to remove the ads. this feature is available only for WP8 devices.

Thanks again for your valuable feedback!

Regards,
Avner

@avnerarbel

Murgatroyd7

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm on WP 7.5, so I guess that solution wouldn't work for me, but there could be Lite and Pro versions of the app (or does that cost you extra?). I don't have a problem with the content of the ads; my concern is that if my son taps on one (which he often does on accident), it will open Internet Explorer. And then from there, he has unrestricted access to the internet. He's only 2, so I don't expect him to look up adult content or anything like that, but he does have a knack for unknowingly stumbling upon places where he shouldn't be.

Another thing I've noticed is that the app is rather sluggish when loading a list of videos. While loading the images, it gets stuck and just sits there until the process is complete, which is likely to make a child think the phone is frozen or "broken". But this may just be because I'm on an older phone.

Also, some of the videos aren't really up to par. The Peppa Pig video, for example, is just a 30-second commercial rather than a full cartoon. I personally don't think it does much good having any videos like that. And similar to ads, the About section is something that I foresee causing problems while my son uses the app on his own just because he'll get to the ratings section and not know how to leave. It would be nice if we could somehow isolate just the videos when kids are using the app. Perhaps make it a pinnable submenu?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3