NickWrite 0.9 - looking for beta testers

rbrunner

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
NickWrite allows you to write texts for messages, mails and other apps (using the clipboard) faster and easier.

For doing so, it starts with a robust message template mechanism like many other apps, but then goes beyond that and improves the text writing process itself as well:

It offers features like multi-level undo for text changes, word completion and following word suggestions with a hit rate that automatically gets better and better the more text you write with NickWrite, a mechanism to expand short abbreviations ("nicknames") of 1 to 5 characters in length to words or whole sentences, and a selection mechanism that not only knows words, but also special text parts like URLs, phone numbers and email addresses.

Web Marketplace deep-link: http://windowsphone.com/s?appid=717e095e-90a2-416c-9b0b-d78977f20e6d

Zune link: zune://navigate/?appid=717e095e-90a2-416c-9b0b-d78977f20e6d

If you are interested in beta-testing this app, please mail the email address associated with the Windows Live id for your WP7 phone to rene.brunner@megos.ch (or post it here in this thread) so that I can add you to the list of beta testers that are allowed to download the app.

Thanks!

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
welcome.gif

Hope you get some testers signing up soon, and welcome along to WPCentral rbrunner. :)

rbrunner

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Could use some more testers...

I allow myself to "bump" this thread because I could really need some more beta-testers.

Very valuable as well would be feedback about the functionality of NickWrite: Do you see any need for you for faster and easier writing of text on your WP7 phone, or is the basic functionality of the OS in this regard already "good enough"?

Anyway, for me the subject of "writing text on my phone" contains a quite puzzling riddle:

Imagine you start using some text processing program on a PC, similar to Microsoft Word, and after your first accidental delete of some text you discover that there is no undo: The text is gone for good, you have to type it all again.

I would really like that somebody starts offering such a text processor, just to be able to read all the negative reactions and scathing reviews of users about it. No undo? Can't be serious, right?

Now have a look at your WP7 phone. Is there an undo function when writing text? No. Does it seem to bother anyone? Not that I have noticed. Are there at least apps that try to improve the situation? As far as I can see, with the exception of my own NickWrite app, nothing.

And it's like that not only with undo, but with a number of other functions that you take for granted on a PC word processor many years already but where the complete lack of those functions on smartphones does not seem to bother anyone.

Does it really make that much of a difference that one writes only short texts on a phone?

GeorgeOglee

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
For me personally, I don't feel you would need an extra app for this, but this is just my own personal opinion. The OS seems to handle it well enough, especially since the 7.5 mango update. I also own the HTC Pro 7, which has a slide out keyboard, making it even easier for me. My own personal opinion, you asked for the feedback :) I wish you luck with further development in your project though!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720