Chrync: Beta testers wanted

dmehers

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
If you use Google Chrome on your desktop (any OS) and Windows Phone, please consider beta testing the next release of Chrync which syncs Chrome to your Phone. The app works by talking the Chrome sync protocol to Google's servers directly, just like Chrome itself does. There is no Chrome extension to install to make it work.

The current version of this app syncs down your Chrome Bookmarks, recently viewed URLs, and open browser sessions.

The next release (which needs beta testers) will also support syncing down your saved passwords, and it will work if you have enabled encryption of all synced data. It also supports pinning bookmarks and bookmark folders.

If you'd be willing to beta test the next release please email me at damian@chrync.com

The current release is available as an unlimited trial : here
Feedback via User Voice

Damian

Brief demo:
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=zIKjSAfrANk&hd=1[/YT]

Last edited:

kalex

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
This is awesome :) I'm about to switch to lumia 900 and this is one of the apps i was looking for. Would love to beta test next version if u need it. will send you email

Does it launch bookmarks in IE or in your app that runs of webkit (i hope its right terminology in WP7)?

dmehers

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
This is awesome :) I'm about to switch to lumia 900 and this is one of the apps i was looking for. Would love to beta test next version if u need it. will send you email

Does it launch bookmarks in IE or in your app that runs of webkit (i hope its right terminology in WP7)?

It launches IE as a separate app, although I might consider embedding IE within the app so that you could select a web site and have it automatically log you in to the site using your saved user name and password. In the next release your'll be able to list your sites/users and copy your associated passwords, kind of like in Chrome: chrome://settings/passwords

Damian

kalex

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I sent you email yesterday about beta testing.

I like the idea of launching IE as separate app but if you do embed it, should be good to. Would it be possible for the user to decide the option?

dmehers

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I sent you email yesterday about beta testing.

I like the idea of launching IE as separate app but if you do embed it, should be good to. Would it be possible for the user to decide the option?

Got it thanks - I'll let you know when the beta is ready. I'm very busy with my day job, so it probably won't be until the weekend.

I like the idea of making it user-configurable. Perhaps for a future release!

Damian

dmehers

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I've just published Chrync 1.1 Beta 2. Please let me know if you requested access, and have not yet received an email with the link.

If you would like access, please look under the "email+accounts" section of your phone's settings and send me the email address you use under "Windows Live" so that I can give you access to the beta. Email me at damian@chrync.com

This beta adds:
  • Support for syncing Encrypted Bookmarks
  • Support for syncing Passwords
  • The choice of what to sync when logging in
  • Pinning of bookmarks and Folders
  • Fixes for browser tabs - they should work properly now
  • Searching of bookmarks, recent urls and passwords
  • Minor bug fixes

Last edited:

dmehers

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Chrync 1.3 Beta just released. Adds support for Two Factor Auth, and also should work once more, after Google updated their sync protocol.

Request beta access here.

Damian

MrWakett

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
Hey! I want to sync my Chrome bookmarks on my Lumia 950 but cant find the app in the store?

Is it just for US perhaps? Maybe someone has any alternatives? I Dont have a windows 10 PC to sync.

Thanks,
CHris

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos