Beta Testers wanted: Picit - Snapchat-like real-time messaging for Windows Phone

aenbacka

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
A new, updated Picit beta version (0.8.0) should soon be available for download (for registered beta testers), with both added functionality (such as contacts management) and bug fixes. The update is submitted, but it might take a couple of hours before it shows up. On the changelog attached (to the Store submission) one item was missing; the My picits list can now be manually refreshed using pull-to-refresh.

Also note that user accounts will need to be re-created due to backend changes (preparation for public release). I also greatly appreciate any feedback on Picit, and your personal experiences with the beta :)

aenbacka

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
An updated version (0.9.0) should now be available for download for participating beta testers (via old download link). This version introduces a completetely revised UI, and misc. bug fixes. Also, picit backend handling has been modified, so unfortunately old picit history will be lost. Next step will be optimisation and submission to public store :)

aenbacka

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Long time until it's going public?

Well I expect that it should go live very soon, hopefully within a week :) Just making some final adjustments.

Edit: It might take some time to pass marketplace certification too, after it has been submitted.

Last edited:

PLenjoy

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Okay. Would be nice to send som pics to my friends with WP too!
btw my username is "PLenjoy" if someone would send som picits

aenbacka

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Just to let you all know, Picit has now been submitted for certification to the public Windows Phone Store, so now it is only to wait :)

aenbacka

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,

Want to announce that Picit version 1.0 is now officially available for download in the public Windows Phone Store, the direct link is as follows:

Picit | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Beta testers can log in with their existing usernames; new users can create an account using the Create account button on the initial Login page. Feel free to spread the word; the new version also allows to send out invites via Settings -> Invite friends (currently via e-mail and SMS). I will probably create a new official Picit thread on this forum (in the WP apps section).

Finally, thank you very much to all beta testers for your help and valuable feedback! Hope you'll enjoy using Picit, be assured updates are coming :)

PS. I will remove the beta version now when the official version is available. In case you have the beta version, best is to log out, and then uninstall it prior to installing the newest version from the public store.

PLenjoy

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Like it!
Just some questions:
  • Will there be a notification if the receiver takes a screenshot?
    [*]Is it available for WP 7.5/7.8?
    [*]Possible to not save the picture in the camera roll in the future?

aenbacka

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Like it!
Just some questions:
  • Will there be a notification if the receiver takes a screenshot?
    [*]Is it available for WP 7.5/7.8?
    [*]Possible to not save the picture in the camera roll in the future?

Thanks a lot, glad you like it :)

Comments to your questions:
* In WP8 (where it is possible to take screenshots) it is not currently possible to get info when the screenshot functionality is used (neither can screenshots be disabled). However, I am investigation other methods for handling these problems for future Picit updates.
* Yes, Picit is currently available for WP7.5/7.8 devices as well :)
* I plan to make it possible for user to select whether the picture should be saved or not in camera roll (on WP7.5/7.8 it is not currently saved, only WP8).

Hope you'll like using Picit :)

PLenjoy

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Okay, thanks! Do not want the pics in the camera roll, cause I'm gonna send ugly picits only.

Possible to make an alternative for light and dark theme for the future?

Made some mockups to the graphic, while I was waiting for my friend to get the app. The status bar, and the ad banner, I see is black, while the font in the app is white. Wouldn't it be better to invert the colors? And maybe some gradient white to transparent on top of the background?

This was the one i was most pleased with:
send pic.jpg startscreen.jpg

aenbacka

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Okay, thanks! Do not want the pics in the camera roll, cause I'm gonna send ugly picits only.

Possible to make an alternative for light and dark theme for the future?

Made some mockups to the graphic, while I was waiting for my friend to get the app. The status bar, and the ad banner, I see is black, while the font in the app is white. Wouldn't it be better to invert the colors? And maybe some gradient white to transparent on top of the background?

This was the one i was most pleased with:
View attachment 32430 View attachment 32431

Thanks for the feedback, very nice mockup! :) I will definitely consider supporting both themes at some point, just need it to fit in nicely. The Camera Roll problem I hope to solve very soon. I will look into inverting the colors (possibily providing a user option for it) :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb