Beta testers for cPlayer, a UPNP/DLNA client video player

WesternLights

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys,

I had got some good help from here before for my last 2 apps so I keep requesting.

This call for beta testers is for a video streaming player that will let you play the videos that are on your NAS or any other UPNP/DLNA compatible server, on your phone. The more different NAS models it's tested on, the better. I tested it so far on:
- XMBC, running on OS X, Windows 7, Apple TV
- Windows Media Player on Windows 7
- MediaServer on Android
- Pixel-DMS on Android
- Pogpoplug

If you're interested, please send me a PM with the Microsoft account associated with your phone so that I can add you to the list of testers. I will then reply back with the store link from where you can download it. Thanks in advance!

Screenshots are here: cPlayer - UPNP/DLNA video player for Win. Phone (beta) - Imgur
Edit: updated screenshots on the store beta page.

Last edited:

Botan-Nabe

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Finely, a proper UPNP/DLNA client video player
Looking forward for the to be available on the store
Must have app if you own Seagate Wireless Plus or Seagate GoFlex Satellite
Windows Phone really needs an working alternative video app

WesternLights

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Several were registered as beta testers but I had pretty much no feedback. Meanwhile I did my own little testing and i'm pretty close to releasing. If any tester wants to voice issues they encountered, or if more want to volunteer, it's the moment.

Renan

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I was looking for an application just like that. I use WMP and the excellent PS3 media server here. I'd like to help!

WesternLights

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Great! I haven't tested on PS3. Making sure it works on that would be pretty good.

Please send me your MS account so I can add you to the list of beta testers. I messed up a bit when submitting the release to the app store and that will probably delay it by a week (making it a total of 2 weeks between now and release, most likely), giving more time to test.

Thanks for the help.

WesternLights

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks to those who tested, the release version is pending certification. I personally use it everyday and quite like it... hopefully people will like it too :).

Next step: MKV support. I'd love to have that. The more I look at it the more it seems that that alone is a huge project. There's no support for MKV whatsoever in windows phone so it needs to be coded from scratch. I like to tell myself that UPNP support doesn't exist in WP either and that I coded it from scratch but... MKV looks much more complicated than that. So anyway, any pointer will be appreciated.

shaper

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I tried cPlayer but it doesn't work for me. I'm using a Panasonic DMR BST-730 BluRay Recorder with MediaServer and MediaRenderer capabilities.
cPlay is not able to load any content. Also - there is currently no App for playing back any media to this Panasonic Recorder. Even PlayTo does not work. Perhaps there are some Problems with the uPNP implementation.:angry:

WesternLights

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi! Thanks for testing my app.

Does the app give a message saying that it can't interpret the answers from the server, offering to send an email with the details of the error? If so, could you click on the button to send the error? This way, i will see the XML response from your server and hopefully I can figure out what's going wrong.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3