- 04-24-2013, 08:13 AM #1
My third WP8 app is nearly feature-complete. I am looking for testers to give the app a test drive and put it through its paces. You will need to be able to side-load an xap (e.g. using Power Toys).
I am unable to pay you (it's a free app), but can give you an acknowledgement on the Credits page.
PM me if you are interested, with contact details, location, make/model of phone. I should have an xap ready by the weekend.
Thanks for your help.
- 04-24-2013, 04:10 PM #2
Why would we need the ability to side load a XAP? You can't make a beta app on the store and give us the link?
- 04-25-2013, 12:54 PM #4
It's just my 2 cents, but I was about to offer to be a tester until I saw that. My thought was "why, did it fail MS automated tests and will screw up something?" Maybe others would feel the same.
The limit of beta testers is at least 1000 since April and since beta apps don't go through certification, only automated tests - which really you should be sure you can pass because if you don't you might need deep changes in your app to pass it (for me it meant rewriting the skydrive API from scratch because the MS one includes GUI related things and therefore can't be used in a background agent) - it takes 1 hour or 2 to have the update on line. Plus it's less of a hassle for your users than having to receive a new XAP by email and sideloading it.
But like I said, just my 2 cents.
- By riot9 in forum Developers Beta TestingReplies: 1Last Post: 11-22-2013, 07:09 PM
- By Ryken100 in forum Developers Beta TestingReplies: 0Last Post: 03-07-2013, 01:58 AM
- By app-rehensive in forum Developers Beta TestingReplies: 0Last Post: 07-16-2012, 05:40 PM
- By BrilliSoft in forum Developers Beta TestingReplies: 2Last Post: 05-02-2012, 06:43 AM
- By Kennethtruyers in forum App SpotlightReplies: 0Last Post: 09-25-2011, 06:30 AM