[Beta] EmiPSX - Sony PlayStation (PSone) emulator

Mister Gore

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
That sucks about the saving system, I really wanna play FF7&8 but no point getting invested if I can't move past the first disc on either. He hasn't done an update in a while, hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Andre o Botelho

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
In-game saving system is broken (but maybe only in Vagrant Story) so you can`t finish games that requires 2 or more CD`s like Riven, Syphon Filter 2 etc. at now.

Also, I maked an ISO image of my Vigilante 8: 2nd offence and it`s not visible in emulator :c - I put it in the same folder on SD card as Vagrant Story bin/cue files (no cue file visible too) with no luck, tried to put in another folder and renaming iso image to bin. Emulator hangs when I try to load that renamed file (bin images is visible).

ISOs on SD card are hidden by the OS(Dont ask me why :shocked: ) .

That sucks about the saving system, I really wanna play FF7&8 but no point getting invested if I can't move past the first disc on either. He hasn't done an update in a while, hopefully it will be fixed soon.

MemoryCards are fixed, I'll post the update today and add the new beta testers.
PS: this is just a fix to MemCard, I'm currently implementing EmiGens features to be more like the Symbian version( Now it is just missing the save states slots).
PS?: I'm finishing now translation too. If someone want help translating the emus to your native language please send PM.

Mister Gore

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
ISOs on SD card are hidden by the OS(Dont ask me why :shocked: ) .

MemoryCards are fixed, I'll post the update today and add the new beta testers.
PS: this is just a fix to MemCard, I'm currently implementing EmiGens features to be more like the Symbian version( Now it is just missing the save states slots).
PS?: I'm finishing now translation too. If someone want help translating the emus to your native language please send PM.

Ha, just saw the update now. Does this mean the saves will carry over from different .BIN files? Sorry, not too sure how that works lol

EDIT: So, I am probably just retarded, but how do I go about saving the game to make sure it carries over to the other game files?

Last edited:

Roman Ekaterininsky

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Installed and tested your update - in-game saving in Vagrant Story now works. Hangs on wyvern and on the loading Vigilante 8: 2nd offence isn`t fixed yet. Are you planning a system for sharing save states (in the emulator) or saved games (in-game saving)? I think it would be very nice and unique feature

Mister Gore

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Can I just add how ridiculously happy I am that I can now dive in to Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy VIII back to back. I've been looking at which games I wanna revisit and never realized how many of my favourite games were multi-disc. Andre, you are my hero.

Mister Gore

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I've been playing with it a lot today and come across a few games that don't seem to work, but haven't had a chance to test them out with other emulators on my laptop to make sure it isn't the files themselves, but the two that don't work Evil Dead: Hail To The King and Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro.

Other than that, the only thing the emulator really needs are 3 things:

-For the SkyDrive integration to work better, but it looks like that is due to API issues.
-Add support for the L2/R2 buttons.
-Add a way to backup both the memory card data and Save State data to SkyDrive.

Everything else runs smoothly, I've been playing FF7 and Gran Turismo today.

jonathanbailie

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
It's in beta right now, so you'll have to get in touch with the creator (Andre o Botelho) and get him to email you a link for the download.

Hopefully this will be out soon, although I've been reading that there's issues with games requiring two discs, such as Metal Gear Solid, etc. I would love to have MGS on my Lumia :)

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk for Windows Phone 8

Mister Gore

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
It's in beta right now, so you'll have to get in touch with the creator (Andre o Botelho) and get him to email you a link for the download.

Hopefully this will be out soon, although I've been reading that there's issues with games requiring two discs, such as Metal Gear Solid, etc. I would love to have MGS on my Lumia :)

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk for Windows Phone 8

There was an issue where saves wouldn't be able to carry over, but that has been fixed as of the last update. I am actually downloading MGS right now to test out and see if it works, I will report back.

Mister Gore

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
He doesn't seem to check it too often, so give it time guys, it took about a week before I heard anything.

Sad to report that MGS doesn't work for me, but again, might be the file itself. To be honest, only 4 games have worked out of the ones I've tested (FF7 & 8, Gran Turismo and Silent Hill). Ones I've tried that don't include Clock Tower, MGS, Evil Dead.

Andre o Botelho

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
He doesn't seem to check it too often, so give it time guys, it took about a week before I heard anything.
Sad to report that MGS doesn't work for me, but again, might be the file itself. To be honest, only 4 games have worked out of the ones I've tested (FF7 & 8, Gran Turismo and Silent Hill). Ones I've tried that don't include Clock Tower, MGS, Evil Dead.

Games that I could test and are working:
Metal Slug - sound is not good but I've finished it already ^^.
FF7 - Just test, is working and playable - can't sai if it works until the end.
Gran turismo - last time I checked was working but a little slow.
RE2 - working so far.
Tekken 3 - CPU 100%, BIAS 1 - playable with low framerate(not noticeable) but hangs randomly.
Crash 3 - playable.
FFT - playable with great speed.
Chrono Cross - works - haven't made more test because I only have a iso.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3