Porting Mupen64plus to Windows phone 8

mobwi

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi buddies,

I am porting Mupen64plus to windows phone and need some testers. I will try with paul's mupen64plus-ae firstly. So far it's just a beginning, hopefully I could come up with beta version after 1 or 2 weeks. Please leave your email if you want to be a beta tester.:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

Finally I am available now for n64 emulator development. The sdl2 is already ported to winrt by david, so it's possible to begin the port. It needs much work to port several parts of the emulator, including core, audio, video, input and I have to do a front end. I will try gles2 version of mupen64plus' video plugins firstly since I know the sdl2 rt has a support for conversion from gles2 to directx11. I will do for both winrt and windows phone 8, so you can expect to find it on both windows App store and windows phone store. But the sdl2 supports winrt better, maybe I will do the winrt version firstly.

Update:
After 3 months, I have almost done most work of the port. It runs well on the VS Simulator. I don't have a tablet so I can't test on a real device. I am going to buy a Windows Phone to test the emulator. It supports keyboard and joystick naturally. What's left is the touch screen support. Please be patient and give me some more time. It's almost done.

New update: The tablet version has been published on the app store. Use link below to find the app or search for keyword "Win64e" in the app store. I will purchase a Windows Phone to debug the arm version because my boy has broken my 820 up.

URL for Windows 10:
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...%2Fstore%2Fapps%2F9nblggh6hxt7&token=AM3vaxoD
URL for Windows 8.1 and earlier:
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...0a-2644-4d68-8a21-5e0265adf136&token=oJVr21uO

屏幕截图(5).jpg屏幕截图(6).png

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi buddies,

I am porting Mupen64plus to windows phone and need some testers. I will try with paul's mupen64plus-ae firstly. So far it's just a beginning, hopefully I could come up with beta version after 1 or 2 weeks. Please leave your email if you want to be a beta tester.:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

I would have definitely tested your emulator,was it not for the emipsx(Playstation 1emulator) taking up all my space but I'm posting this to let you know that you have the support of every WP user on this emulator,best of luck!!!I'll try to find some beta testers for you :)

P.S:-Can you inform me by email about when this will be released officially??? :winktongue:

wapoz

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
It's awesome to see so many console emulators hitting WP! I'd help beta test but I'm not very consistent with my mobile gaming habits lol, though I'll definitely buy it when the official app is relased!

wapoz

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Buy????I hope it's free..... :unhappysweat:

I don't mind supporting developers when they do good work and bring apps and tools that were non existent in the windows marketplace. Not every dev has a studio behind them, and most do this out of pocket at their own expense. Nothing is wrong with an ad supported version either, but personally for me its worth it to just put out a few dollars for a full ad free experience, especially if its something I really want or will use often.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo