MetroMail for WP8.1 -- Need beta testers

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Hello guys,

For those of you not familiar with, MetroMail is the first (only?) full-featured third-party client on the platform:

MetroMail | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

It's been an exciting few months so far, and as Windows Phone 8.1 is getting closer to its public release, we are also getting ready for releasing MetroMail 3.0. Some of the upcoming new features include:

- New: Emails are now downloaded in the background when notifications are enabled
- New: Tapping on a notification takes you directly to that email
- New: It is now possible to attach any file (not just images) using the file picker
- New: You can now share items to MetroMail through all the respective OS menus
- Update: Emails for Gmail accounts no longer require an extra tap for interacting (e.g. zooming or tapping on links)

For ensuring a bug-free public release, we need your help with beta testing. Anyone interested, can fill out the following survey and join our beta program: http://1drv.ms/1i0KCdu

Thanks for reading!

slick5150

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
On the last couple versions of the beta, I've lost all notifications. Live tile doesn't update, and new emails don't show up in the action center. I have to open the app up to figure out if I have any new emails. Any idea what's up?

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
On the last couple versions of the beta, I've lost all notifications. Live tile doesn't update, and new emails don't show up in the action center. I have to open the app up to figure out if I have any new emails. Any idea what's up?
Can you please send me an email? Everything is working as intended on the server, as far as I know. However 100% of the notification-related code in the client was changed in 3.0, and it sounds like there may be some things I still need to work out.

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to everyone who submitted their info. An email is coming your way later today, or tomorrow morning, with the necessary info for downloading.

chandan_pandey

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Well its off the topic but can some one help me.. My email and accounts section shows my gmail account to be syncing while there is not gmail app in the app list..i am not able to sign in that account as it says its already present.

DogAddiction

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem except I don't I have the beta, just downloaded today and haven't been able to receive any notifications. And yes I am running WP 8.1

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I am using Metromail beta app when its launched, but its notification is not working properly as I cannot toggle on for live tiles from past 3-4 months. I already send 3-4 complaints to you via mail.
Now I installed Metromail app and its notification is working properly.
So I have to buy Metromail app or you will remove bug for beta app.
I have Lumia 720 with Cyan update and both apps are fully updated. If I have to buy then will you give code or money for buying the app.
Waiting for your reply?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven