Hello from the Windows Central BETA!

Frans Marx

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Please include me in beta testing!!.. Pretty please? I'm using Lumia 640 with W10M. I check the news feed with the app about 20 time a day, and the forums about 5.. Thanks!

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I am pretty sure it's not. Each one of the subsites has it's own style. imore, crackberry, android central.
I rather have WindowsCentral with it's own unique personality.
It's possible, like Tapatalk can do all the Mobile Nations forums plus hundreds of others.

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I think Ambassadors and people named "Daniel" should get preferential treatment on being beta testers. ;) (Yes, my real name is Daniel, also.)

I was a software developer for many years until I retired. I may be rusty after retiring just over 5 years ago, but I'd still be a good tester. ;)

Looking forward to what you have to offer. I'm hoping we have a universal Windows 10 app coming.
And maybe Daniel can fit in a Josiah for a beta tester.

mbrdev

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
I can help with Beta testing, however, by the sounds of things it's being kept very close to the chest so I doubt anyone asking here will get in. Can't wait to see this in the wild, saw the screenshots from Dan's post and it looks fantastic, good job Daniel!

Tafsern

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
So far, the app is a long way from beeing done. Here are my thoughts (950XL)

1. Scrolling is really bad, and only works from the left side of the screen
2. The app is slow
3. It crashes a lot
4. The fonts just doesn't look good and they are HUGE in the articles
5. Colors are not consistent
6. Fonts are not consistent
7. Only AM/PM clock format

And here are some comparisons to the old app:
wp_ss_20160222_0001.pngwp_ss_20160222_0002.png

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Don't screw up the beautiful and amazing Windows Central app from Windows 8.1. Stick to improving the consistent Modern design principals. Don't follow Microsoft into the quagmire of random and inconsistent design by copying random elements of android and the outdated apple ux ui.

slotti

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
WpCentral WP10 app

Ok, I am rocking my new 950xl, love it, and in general like the wp central app, but is there any way that the post can be displayed by newest first? Very annoying to have to scroll through millions of post on a long thread and it takes forever to update once you scrolled to the bottom to display more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3