Mango It's Heeeeeeeeeere!

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
The speed the 2 provided links are achieving, we may well get the official Mango sooner lol :)

They are next to useless. (For me anyway) :(

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
That's handy, my Samsung Zone has just started to work again on 7712, so no need to return to NoDo now after all. Happy Days! :)

pbankey

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
In case anyone doesn't know, it's a very simple upgrade if you already have the Mango beta/dev beta installed. You literally plug your phone in and run a file!

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Alright you babies, I did it. I upgraded Mango RTM to 7720. Just when you think it couldn't get more crisp and even more fast, these engineers raised the bar yet again. My HTC Arrive is super fast. Proves the importance in synergy between the phone and OS is key getting the best from the device. Only thing I noticed was running my existing apps like Facebook, ESPN, WP7applist etc. was like running them for the first time. It was a tad slower the first launch. I suspect caching. After that, they blaze. Also the smart tiles seem to flip quicker. The interface is still smooth as glass. More later. But it's awesome.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
7720 working fine here on my Omnia 7 too, but why do i have to wait 10 minutes from the red 'Do Not Disconnect' warning till the first appearance of the progress bar ? Yikes!

I lost about 4 stones and 3 gallons of sweat. Was it worth it ? Of course it was. :)

Last edited:

win_splash

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I have an HD7 running the leaked 7720. For those who have update to 7720: Can you try visiting bing mobile (m.bing.com) or even google mobile (m.google.com) and say how it displays on your phone. Microsoft updated Bing mobile a few months ago to run on html5 and it looks great on iPhone and Android browsers *MSN Video link: Bing for Mobile Browse Experience Gets Even Better - Bing Videos For some reason the mobile sites don't display nicely in mobile IE9.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Both Google & Bing look fine in my IE as long as i have IE website settings set to Mobile Version.

Bing has full colour pic of the day and hitting any of the links work fine.

I did have to set my location by clicking on the set link top right before it worked properly. (Like in the video) :)

It all looks fantastic compared to the old style mobile Bing. :)

win_splash

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Both Google & Bing look fine in my IE as long as i have IE website settings set to Mobile Version.

Bing has full colour pic of the day and hitting any of the links work fine.

I did have to set my location by clicking on the set link top right before it worked properly. (Like in the video) :)

It all looks fantastic compared to the old style mobile Bing. :)

I guess its my phone then. I have no idea why its displaying the way it is.

dlusted

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Just updated mine to 7720 from 7712, and it only took a few mins :)

Strange thing though, I haven't been asked to install an update from HTC yet (been on beta since release); even with forcing an update check through Zune...

Also, found a "bug" already on my HTC HD7... Trying to use maps and it cannot find my location.... Probably due to driver not working properly in this OS update.

But, other than that.... Loads up super quick, the transitions between the metro screen and apps have improved a lot more from "beta 2"; can't wait for my apps to update to use mango at it's full potential :)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes it's really zippy for sure. No problems with my Maps here dlusted, not discovered anything wrong so far. I'll keep looking. :)

Look at those tiles Spin! Wheeee! (Me Tile) :)

win_splash

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Just updated mine to 7720 from 7712, and it only took a few mins :)

Strange thing though, I haven't been asked to install an update from HTC yet (been on beta since release); even with forcing an update check through Zune...

Also, found a "bug" already on my HTC HD7... Trying to use maps and it cannot find my location.... Probably due to driver not working properly in this OS update.

But, other than that.... Loads up super quick, the transitions between the metro screen and apps have improved a lot more from "beta 2"; can't wait for my apps to update to use mango at it's full potential :)

That's strange, I have an HD7 from Tmobile and Maps was able to find my location without any issues.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I guess its my phone then. I have no idea why its displaying the way it is.
Well as i said mine just displayed the plain old naff mobile site until i set the browser settings to mobile version and then it was the new improved Bing that appeared.

All the links on the main page just opened the basic mobile Bing pages until i set my location then all the links went to the improved sections.

Strange why it should be any different on your phone win_splash.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium