Updating to Mango... Zune player version?

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
So, I'm falling into temptation regarding updating to Mango.

From what I understand, the instructions for updating were with the beta version of Zune 4.8.

Now the real version is out.

Is it too late to try it now?

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
no you can still update, but i was on mango 7720 and switched back if its worth anything... it is nice but not worth the process and potentially bricking your phone. i almost lost my backup because i reneamed it and it was a nightmare getting back on nodo. i would be a lil more patient, mango is coming soon

panda51988

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
i was going to upgrade but for whatever reason my phone is running update 7390 and it says you need 7392, i check with zune and it says i am up to date wtf! i really need it to put ring tones on my phone, the ones that come on the phone don't get my attention and i miss calls like crazy.

but from what i have read you can still get the update with zune.

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
no you can still update, but i was on mango 7720 and switched back if its worth anything... it is nice but not worth the process and potentially bricking your phone. i almost lost my backup because i reneamed it and it was a nightmare getting back on nodo. i would be a lil more patient, mango is coming soon

I disagree. The updating is mostly done by Zune just like any other update is done. It's an official MS update, you're just tricking their servers into giving it to you. I haven't heard of a single case of phone bricking... Just pay close attention to the instructions and you should be fine!

Build 7720 - Now updated with keeping chevron and how to add more languages - xda-developers

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!! It's fricken awesome!

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Okay. So I was impatient and updated to Mango this weekend.

It was sort of a pain with my Samsung Focus, because it would stay on the Goodbye screen so long when I was trying to update from 7712 to 7720. And the updater program would time out.

For some reason, the Focus just does this update process slower than other handsets.

I ended up deleting references in the batch file to update version 7661. That removed a lot of data that had to be updated. And since I was already at 7712, it shouldn't be an issue.

Loving Mango so far. Though I haven't had too many opportunities yet to use its new features. I find myself looking for books or DVDs to scan everywhere, just for the heck of it. Or verbally dictating emails even though I'm just sitting on the couch and not driving. I even have been on the lookout for any signs in a foreign language just so I could use the translate feature in Bing Vision. Hahaha

I do with the Local Scout could let you sort by multiple categories. Or do multiple levels of sorting. And I also with you could pick a point on the map and have it scout that area, instead of just telling you what's near you. (or maybe I just don't know how to do it?)

The one thing I do notice the most though is that the phone is just generally a little faster. And web pages actually load up faster too. There were some particular web pages where I would wait a full minute or two on NoDo before they fully showed up. On Mango, it takes seconds.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon