Would love a Strava-esque GPS app for cycling

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
If someone developed a killer gps app that allowed you to send a gpx file to Strava.com, it would be hugely popular with SF Bay Area cyclists. Id also offer to beta test it.

LeeWhittington

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I know this thread is getting kind of cold but this idea interest me. As my Brother-In-Law is a biker, works at a bike shop and every friend he has is a biker, this might be something useful for me to develop.

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm telling you, it would be enormously popular if you created an app that would feed directly to Strava. Or at the minimum, a gpx file you could email them.

Sent from my Samsung Omnia 7, the official WP of WeeBears everywhere, using Board Express

webOSreboot

Banned
Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
GPX export

I'm telling you, it would be enormously popular if you created an app that would feed directly to Strava. Or at the minimum, a gpx file you could email them.
I'm working on a WP7 app for keeping a list of waypoints in a route, storing and retrieving multiple routes, and tracking mileage/time, etc. The GPX file format is new to me and would have to be researched. But...

What do you mean by "enormously popular"? I see Strava has apple and android apps. Do you know many cyclists with Windows Phones?
Thanks,
Rick

RogueCode

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm working on a WP7 app for keeping a list of waypoints in a route, storing and retrieving multiple routes, and tracking mileage/time, etc. The GPX file format is new to me and would have to be researched. But...

What do you mean by "enormously popular"? I see Strava has apple and android apps. Do you know many cyclists with Windows Phones?
Thanks,
Rick

It may be somewhat of a paradox. Hardcore cyclists would not switch phones without the app being available and no one will make the app without users.

My suggestion? Make the wave, don't just ride it.

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
When the app is done... Talk to the people over att GoPro and I'm sure they'll feature it. :)

That, my friend, would make a huge impact.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon