Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By KarateDad

I was motivated to develop my first application for WP with the Nokia promotion for the first 500 published applications that match certain guidelines receive a Lumia 800.

I published my app - linked below :) but I wanted to see if anyone else had participated in this promotion as well and if they received confirmation (one way or another) of whether they had made the cut or not.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/ap...9-a954a944febf
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts

I'm sure you won't be the only one prometheusgr, hope someone pops in soon to keep you company in the contest.

Oh and welcome along to WPCentral. :)

Good luck in getting a Lumia too. Fingers crossed for you. :)

.........HANDSET: Nokia Lumia 920
    .........COUNTRY: Scotland UK
    .........NETWORK: 3 UK

Does this count for North Americans too? Just wondering if they'll be a North American banded Lumia up for grabs.

Cool app by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by JedH View Post
    Does this count for North Americans too? Just wondering if they'll be a North American banded Lumia up for grabs.

Cool app by the way!
    My app qualified for this competition as well. Just received an email saying my Lumia 800 is on its way. Can't wait for it to arrive :)

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/ap...7-81e56721a178
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts

What fantastic news, a Lumia 800 on it's way. Lucky you coeus4ever.

And welcome along to WPCentral. :)

Feel free to post your app details in our App Spotlight section if you haven't already. :)
    Last edited by TheWeeBear; 01-30-2012 at 02:21 PM.

Does anyone have a link to this promotion, I don't know what I searched before but I can no longer find it.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    Was it this one JedH ?

YourAppHere

Quote Originally Posted by TheWeeBear View Post
    Was it this one JedH ?

YourAppHere
    I dont remember seeing the ad on windowsphone.com - Microsoft had sent an email to all published app developers.

wpcentral had published at original email at the time: http://www.windowscentral.com/node/9627

What my luck! I received an email today that I made it! The Lumia 800 is "en route" according to the email.

I'm in North America (California) - so for the user that was interested I'll let you know how it goes!

Thanks for the warm wecome guys! I was able to make some adjustments to my app this weekend and am starting to use the panorama control to get more "real estate" to provide instructions on the difficulty levels. So Psyched!

Quote Originally Posted by TheWeeBear View Post
    Was it this one JedH ?

YourAppHere
    Hmm maybe, I've entered that previously. I thought it was another one...

Quote Originally Posted by coeus4ever View Post
    I dont remember seeing the ad on windowsphone.com - Microsoft had sent an email to all published app developers.

wpcentral had published at original email at the time: http://www.windowscentral.com/node/9627
    Ok perfect. That's the one. Thank you!

I must have received that through my work email, cause I remeber something about receiving it but I couldn't finid it in my personal one.

I had entered the contest as well but just got word that my 800 is on its way.

3 Apps I published are:

Trader Craig

Indy Racer

WHAT SONG

Does anyone know how long it takes once you receive confirmation to phone in hand?

Thanks
    Developer

I won an 800 in this promotion. I sent an email asking for a tracking number on 1 February and received a reply that they were shipping last week and shipping would take 1-2.5 weeks.

I am very excited to get my 800. I'm also very impatient. I'm checking my mailbox twice a day!

Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    Got mine today. It's awesome! Tough decision, but I'm probably going to sell my Titan and rock this until the 900 comes out.
    Developer

Quote Originally Posted by gtg465x View Post
    Got mine today. It's awesome! Tough decision, but I'm probably going to sell my Titan and rock this until the 900 comes out.
    Did it come usps or fedex?

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    I received my Lumia 800 yesterday as part of this contest. Very very nice. I have more apps in the pipeline so its nice to be able to test on actual hardware.

It arrived via UPS Ground by the way. Got the notification last Monday. I am assuming it shipped from the Seattle area. I live in Raleigh-Durham, NC.

I published my first app and entered the contest, and I made it in time as well! Just got an email confirming I'd be receiving the phone soon. Definitely happy about this :)

As always, love the developer interaction from Microsoft.
    Developer

Wow 1 app for a free Lumia 800? You guys in the US have it easy ;)

It's 4 apps for a free Lumia 800 here in Australia and there's only 50 available! Link

Not that I'm complaining, it was an awesome fun challenge and I'm loving what Microsoft/Nokia are doing!

Bought Lumia 800 yesterday itself. It is awesome. Still exploring its features. Any suggestions or what it has in it which is unique among others?:)

I entered the contest and won an 800 as well. I got it Tuesday night, went to the AT&T store yesterday to get a Micro SIM. I have now switched over from the Focus to this full time. I gotta say, the extra 400Mhz and speedier internet make a noticeable difference. Loving this phone, can't wait for the 900 (dual cams, LTE and bigger screen). Then i'll pass this on to my wife or daughter.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by acisgeorge View Post
    Bought Lumia 800 yesterday itself. It is awesome. Still exploring its features. Any suggestions or what it has in it which is unique among others?:)
    some of the Nokia apps are unique. But honestly, the experience on any windows phone is about the same, which is kind of the point. To me, it is all about getting the homescreen setup with the apps and features you use the most, to make life more efficient.
    TheWeeBear likes this.

PIN
    No
    Just got mine in the mail! Beautiful device! Absolutely beautiful! A lot heavier than I was expecting it to be, but still, great device!
    prjkthack
    Nokia Lumia 1020, Nokia Lumia 1520, iPhone 6
    Surface Pro 128GB

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CAVX View Post
    I published my first app and entered the contest, and I made it in time as well! Just got an email confirming I'd be receiving the phone soon. Definitely happy about this :)

As always, love the developer interaction from Microsoft.
    How long did it take to hear back after sending the email? I submitted it today with the release date of my app being 2/10/12. :)

Quote Originally Posted by unome12333 View Post
    How long did it take to hear back after sending the email? I submitted it today with the release date of my app being 2/10/12. :)
    It took a while...sent the message on January 16 and got the reply 4 days ago. Still don't have the phone, but I anticipate it's coming soon.

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    I got the reply today so it took about 9 days. No tracking information was given though.
    :D:D:D:D Can't wait