Developing a barcode scanner app for Mango

rvenable

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I am looking to purchase a Samsung Focus which currently has 7.0 installed. I will be looking to update this to Mango. I am looking to build a barcode scanner app for this platform and I am wondering if the phone capabilities on this model allows you to capture the barcode without having to click on the camera button to take the picture. I know this was not possible on the 7.0 version.

Also, is the Samsung Focus upgradeable for future releases or is it limited to Mango. If so, then I guess the Samsung Focus S would be a better option?

Thanks

kg4icg

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Barcode scanning is built into mango already. It is part of the search functions, plus qrcodes and microsoft tag codes.

RogueCode

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
I am looking to purchase a Samsung Focus which currently has 7.0 installed. I will be looking to update this to Mango. I am looking to build a barcode scanner app for this platform and I am wondering if the phone capabilities on this model allows you to capture the barcode without having to click on the camera button to take the picture. I know this was not possible on the 7.0 version.

Also, is the Samsung Focus upgradeable for future releases or is it limited to Mango. If so, then I guess the Samsung Focus S would be a better option?

Thanks
There is "Bing Vision" which does this, but if you are building your own then yes, it is possible. As of 7.5 there are new API which allow you to access the camera stream and do what you want with it.

leonalewis

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks
i'm afraid not , the barcode can be scanner when you click the button while focus on it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serdezdezen