Windows Phone needs new User Agent!

IanBauters

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
The current user agent for Windows Phone is
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.5; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; <manufacturer>; <model> [;<operator])
As a web developer the only thing I can detect is whether it is a windows phone or not, what I would really like to detect is the Background color and the Accent color to make my websites look just like the system the user is using with the colors they want!
it should look something like this:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.5; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; <bg color>; <accent color>; <manufacturer>; <model> [;<operator])
Just imagine what web developers could do! :dry

Dormage

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
We all wish we could get more informaton but i think it raises legal questions. Some information is personal.
It sounds funny that a color is personal info :D
Oh well, I might be wrong.

dharmababa

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
You can do this using the CSS System colors named "Background" (for the background color) and "Highlight" (for the accent color).

CSS sample:

background-color:Background;
color:Highlight;

omicronkappa278

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I have a question about this. My wife was reading a magazine the other day and it had QR codes on each page, she used a scanner app and a message about the lack of flash came up. On the iPhone it works fine. Pulls up a video for each QR code. Isn't this the user agent detecting IE and telling it the flash is not an option? The iPhone does not support flash. But it works?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss