Live tiles ... when they don't work

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I have had apps installed on my phone that had live tiles but didn't seem to work, I always thought the apps were the problem, until I was building my own app with a live tile. The live tile wouldn't work on the phone, it worked fine on the emulator. After 2 to 3 days of banging my head on the wall, I read about live tiles not working and requiring a hard reset, so I hard reset the phone. I deployed the app to the phone and it was instantly working.

There seems to be a problem with the OS and the live tiles and from what I read online, the only way to fix this is to hard reset. I don't know if microsoft is aware of this issue, but it certainly needs a fix. Anyway else experience such? Any better fixes, I read about a registry editor fix but I can't find a registry editor to load on the phone.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Is your device running Mango OS? That issues was resolved in the Mango update. Also you can only have a certain number of background tasks running at one time. I think its currently 10. If you exceed that then your live tiles you will have issues. OEM tiles are not included in the 10 count only marketplace apps.

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I am using Lumia 900. I disabled all background tasks, restarted the phone among other things but it wouldn't run. Perhaps there were too many apps that had a background agent that I am not able to disable manually?

Is your device running Mango OS? That issues was resolved in the Mango update. Also you can only have a certain number of background tasks running at one time. I think its currently 10. If you exceed that then your live tiles you will have issues. OEM tiles are not included in the 10 count only marketplace apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss