Footer is not fixing in Windows Phone.

Bli_n

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I was testing my mobile application, with Windows mobile.I got some issues with the footer part.The problem is regarding footer fixing. When I scroll the contents, the footer also getting up.But the footer is fixed in all browsers including IE and in all mobiles except windows version.

See the code, for IE I gave,

Code:
* html #footer {
   position:absolute;
   top:expression((0-(footer.offsetHeight)+(document.documentElement.clientHeight ? document.documentElement.clientHeight : document.body.clientHeight)+(ignoreMe = document.documentElement.scrollTop ? document.documentElement.scrollTop : document.body.scrollTop))+'px');
}

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I was testing my mobile application, with Windows mobile.I got some issues with the footer part.The problem is regarding footer fixing. When I scroll the contents, the footer also getting up.But the footer is fixed in all browsers including IE and in all mobiles except windows version.

See the code, for IE I gave,

Code:
* html #footer {
   position:absolute;
   top:expression((0-(footer.offsetHeight)+(document.documentElement.clientHeight ? document.documentElement.clientHeight : document.body.clientHeight)+(ignoreMe = document.documentElement.scrollTop ? document.documentElement.scrollTop : document.body.scrollTop))+'px');
}
I've seen this issue in several websites. I would say it's a browser bug. The browser doesn't seem to handle absolute positioning very well. When it does actually work, it seems to take the absolute positioned element a long time to "catch up" and get back in its proper place after scrolling.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Actually I think I may have misread your question and/or gotten confused myself. I was actually thinking of problems when using fixed positioning, not absolute positioning. I'm not sure why your CSS doesn't work. Sorry for the confusion.

Maybe someone else has an idea.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism