Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    Developer

One app that I definitely think needs to come to Windows RT and Windows Phone is MAME -- the Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator. Now that we have the ability to create C++ projects, this should surely be an achievable goal. It's available for iOS, it's even been compiled for the Raspberry Pi, so surely our platforms should be capable? I can imagine it being particularly good on Windows RT with an Xbox controller connected.

If someone is looking for a project to take on, this would be a good one. :-)
    Adam
    >> My new book, "Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 Game Development" is available now, published by Apress.
    >> Find out more at http://www.adamdawes.com/books/w8wp8gamedev.html
    www.adamdawes.com
    @AdamDawes575

I think you just volunteered :). RT port would be great. 1942 and Gorf are two of my favourites !
    Developer

RT port would indeed be great. Sadly I don't have the expertise nor the time to volunteer for this. But someone really does need to...
    Adam
    >> My new book, "Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 Game Development" is available now, published by Apress.
    >> Find out more at http://www.adamdawes.com/books/w8wp8gamedev.html
    www.adamdawes.com
    @AdamDawes575
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,474 Global Posts
    Let me see how well my first app goes. If I pick up the language well I may look into producing a port for this. Of course, I aren't volunteering to do this yet.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."