| | 01-08-2013, 12:49 PM #1
Ok, so I've been hit with the most frustrating glitch ever. I'm using the same PC, cable, and phone, as I was yesterday. Developer account is still intact, phone is already dev unlocked, yet I keep getting this error.
[NOTE]Error 1 Connection to device failed. For connecting to Windows Phone 8 device - Deployment failed because no Windows Phone 8 phone was detected. Make sure a phone is connected and powered on.
For Windows Phone 7 device - Failed to connect to the device. Ensure that the device is completely booted and is connected to the PC. 0 0 [/NOTE]
So, in my attempts to fix it, I have tried this.
- Reload Visual Studio and Zune rebooting the phone
- Rebooting the laptop and phone, then reloading VS and Zune.
- Tried a different cable (both OEM HTC cables for the TITAN, which is my phone)
- Uninstalled the device from the Devices menu on the Metro PC settings
- Uninstalled the device via Device Manager on the desktop
- Repaired the Visual Studio install
- Tried a different computer
Zune still picks up my phone, and still sees it as a Guest Sync relationship (it always has been on this machine and it was working before). I have not updated anything. But it just stopped working. Also, the developer registration doesn't pick up my phone either. Just what has happened?
EDIT: I have also uninstalled the device from the Devices menu on the Metro PC settings (resulting in an infuriating 30 minutes of fixing after it knocked out my Apple trackpad and keyboard drivers too), and also . It just refuses to connect to Visual Studio despite being Developer Unlocked. Zune still recognises it.
EDIT2: Will update the list further