How fast would XAML rendering be for a 2D game?

AdalLS

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I was toying with the idea of developing a space tactical game for WP8. Graphics would not need to be very complex (think of the indie-game Defcon). Would that be fine or should I look directly into using D3D (maybe with SharpDX)? I have some experience in writing regular 3D C#/SlimDX applications.

AdalLS

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I think I can answer the question myself: it is pretty fast. SL should be more than enough for my needs. At least if the emulator is reflective of the real phone performances. I hope you guys will like a space game focusing on battle tactics!

Paul Diston

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

It is always a good idea to test your applications on a real device, the emulator can be a little misleading at times.

Hope this helps.

Paul Diston

Catholic Tech Geek

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Do you know if I can test my app on my own device before joining the dev center?

Sure, you can. Paul Diston is right though: you do need to need to be registered as a developer in the windows phone dev center so you can developer-unlock your phone and then deploy your app for testing. If you are a student, it is free for you via Dreamspark.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softradix