Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hi,
    I was toying with the idea of developing a space tactical game for WP8. Graphics would not need to be very complex (think of the indie-game Defcon). Would that be fine or should I look directly into using D3D (maybe with SharpDX)? I have some experience in writing regular 3D C#/SlimDX applications.

I think I can answer the question myself: it is pretty fast. SL should be more than enough for my needs. At least if the emulator is reflective of the real phone performances. I hope you guys will like a space game focusing on battle tactics!
    Developer

Hi,

It is always a good idea to test your applications on a real device, the emulator can be a little misleading at times.

Hope this helps.

Paul Diston

Do you know if I can test my app on my own device before joining the dev center?
    Developer

Hi,

Unfortunately, to be able to test on an actual device you need to register as a developer via the dev center.

Paul Diston
    Quote Originally Posted by AdalLS View Post
    Do you know if I can test my app on my own device before joining the dev center?
    Sure, you can. Paul Diston is right though: you do need to need to be registered as a developer in the windows phone dev center so you can developer-unlock your phone and then deploy your app for testing. If you are a student, it is free for you via Dreamspark.