how to enable screen rotation in nokia lumia 820 at the application level

Ritesh Singh1

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
hi
I have deployed a application in nokia lumia 820. but the screen rotation is not working . At the phone level the screen rotation is working but in my app it is not working ..how to resolve this problem.....?

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Screenshot (44).png

Just below that is where you place your content.

[TIP]Different pages have different ideal orientations. SupportedOrientations is how you do this. Here are your options
  • Portrait - Portrait locked. Good for intro pages tbh. This is where the phone is taller than wider
  • Landscape - Landscape locked. Useful for widescreen content. Phone is wider than taller.
  • PortraitOrLandscape - Allows either. Useful for pages requiring the keyboard.
[/TIP]

Ritesh Singh1

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply..

I have set the SupportedOrientations as portraitOrlandscape . Not the screen is able to rotate both in portarait and landscape as well. but when i am rotating the screen in landscape mode then the width of screen is reduced. in landscape mode the width of screen is same as the width of screen in portrait mode.........(In the main XAML page there is one browser and one vedio brush(for base camera)..i am collapsing the browser when camera feature is called and collapsing the vedio brush while opening the browser...)Can you tell me why it coming like this and how to resolve this problem

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon