Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

hi
    I have deployed a application in nokia lumia 820. but the screen rotation is not working . At the phone level the screen rotation is working but in my app it is not working ..how to resolve this problem.....?
    Developer

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    You need to set the SupportedOrientations property on each page that you want to enable rotation on to PortraitOrLandscape.
    My apps:
    Share your phone's internet connection with other devices: ConnectionShare
    Google Cloud Printing from your phone: KumoPrint
    Multi-language offline dictionary application: HoshiDict
    Browser with integrated translation and word lookup tools (perfect for language learning): Tap2Trans Browser
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,474 Global Posts
    screenshot-44-.png

Just below that is where you place your content.

[TIP]Different pages have different ideal orientations. SupportedOrientations is how you do this. Here are your options
    • Portrait - Portrait locked. Good for intro pages tbh. This is where the phone is taller than wider
    • Landscape - Landscape locked. Useful for widescreen content. Phone is wider than taller.
    • PortraitOrLandscape - Allows either. Useful for pages requiring the keyboard.

[/TIP]

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Thanks for the reply..

I have set the SupportedOrientations as portraitOrlandscape . Not the screen is able to rotate both in portarait and landscape as well. but when i am rotating the screen in landscape mode then the width of screen is reduced. in landscape mode the width of screen is same as the width of screen in portrait mode.........(In the main XAML page there is one browser and one vedio brush(for base camera)..i am collapsing the browser when camera feature is called and collapsing the vedio brush while opening the browser...)Can you tell me why it coming like this and how to resolve this problem