Unable to connect Lumia 1020 to the Windows Phone IP Over USB Transport (IpOverUsbSvc) service

astroXP

Jul 1, 2011
twitter.com
I've been trying to developer-unlock my Lumia 1020 that I recently got. I have already installed the Windows Phone 8.0 SDK and applied the update. Hyper-V is activated and I have already tried several USB ports and different USB cables to connect from the phone to the computer but I still get this error message:

FileDownloadHandler.ashx

Here's what I've done so far but it hasn't helped to solve the problem:

• I made sure my developer account hasn't expired (Dec 2014)
  • I have re-installed the Windows Phone 8.0 SDK
  • I have rebooted both my computer and phone
  • I have switched USB ports, used different USB cables
  • I have uninstalled my Lumia 1020 driver through Device Manager and plugged back in my phone to re-install the driver
  • I tried developer-unlock my Lumia 900 (Windows Phone 7.5), it recognized my phone and it did unlocked it. I plugged my Lumia 1020 back, it did not recognize it.
  • I have made sure IpOverUsbSvc service is running (Local Services)

The strange thing is that File Explorer does recognize my phone, the same goes for Windows Media Player. I have no problems syncing any files to the phone. Both the Windows-store-app and desktop app for Windows Phone recognize my phone. I don't know what else to do :unhappysweat: :angry: :asleep:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Does your PC meet the system requirements?

Supported Operating System
Windows 8, Windows 8 Pro

• Operating system type:
      • Windows 8 64-bit (x64) client versions
    • Hardware:
      • 6.5 GB of free hard disk space
      • 4 GB RAM
      • 64-bit (x64) CPU
    • Windows Phone 8 Emulator:
      • Windows 8 Pro edition or greater
      • Requires a processor that supports Second Level Address Translation (SLAT)
      If your computer meets the hardware and operating system requirements, but does not meet the requirements for the Windows Phone 8 Emulator, the Windows Phone SDK 8.0 will install and run. However, the Windows Phone 8 Emulator will not function and you will not be able to deploy or test apps on the Windows Phone 8 Emulator.
Download Windows Phone SDK 8.0 from Official Microsoft Download Center

astroXP

Jul 1, 2011
twitter.com
Specs:

Windows 8.1 Pro x64
1.04TB free of 1.35TB
8GB of RAM
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz
Windows Phone SDK 8.0 is installed
Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 is installed

So… my system does support the requirements.

Matt Eland

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I also am having this issue with an HTC 8X. I connect the phone via USB and the Windows 8 Windows Phone App kicks into life and starts talking to the phone, the service is running, and yet the 8.1 registration tool has the same issues you described.

My machine is sufficiently beefy to handle this:
- Visual Studio 2013 Update 2
- 6 tb HD + 256 gb SSD
- 4ghz i7 Processor
- Windows 8.1 Professional
- 16gb ram

I can easily deploy APK files to an android phone but Windows Phone refuses to be found.

K3NCentral

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Had the same errors with multiple devices. You need to close VS2013 then reconnect your phone and run the registration tool. Hope this helps.

Saldatoccio

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
If your device is recognized by Windows then:

1) Go to device manager
2) Uninstall all the instances of your device
3) Reconnect your device and update all drivers

That fixed the same issue on my PC.

dorin_ionescu

Jul 2, 2016
Visit site
Incredible - I tried update driver and it told me that is already up to date
I uninstalled all 3 USB Lumia (one for each USB Port) and reinserted the cable (after uninstall Windows Phone was still in the file manager) and now it is working (Windows automatic reinstalled all 3)
Also Visual Studio warn me in the upper right corner that my MS developer account is old - I reconfirmed

This is crazy stuff ! I loose 1 day with incredible VS + Windows + Xamarin errors without changing any code (It looks like Windows automatic updates and VS updates creates new telenovelas every week - I repeat - without writing new code lines into my app )

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Incredible - I tried update driver and it told me that is already up to date
I uninstalled all 3 USB Lumia (one for each USB Port) and reinserted the cable (after uninstall Windows Phone was still in the file manager) and now it is working (Windows automatic reinstalled all 3)
Also Visual Studio warn me in the upper right corner that my MS developer account is old - I reconfirmed

This is crazy stuff ! I loose 1 day with incredible VS + Windows + Xamarin errors without changing any code (It looks like Windows automatic updates and VS updates creates new telenovelas every week - I repeat - without writing new code lines into my app )

Normal programmer life :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz