Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

Listen here

Attn Android and iPhone users: What you need to know about Windows phone

Old is new?

The original Surface Pro still holds its own in the 2-in-1 world

Xbox Greenlight?

No, internet, Microsoft isn't opening Xbox to all UWP games

Falling in love

HP Envy 34 review: An ultrawide curved all-in-one after my heart

2015 machine in 2017?

Surface 3 still holds its own in 2017

Let Kodi cut your cord

You should be using Kodi for Windows 10

Leader of the pack

HP's Spectre x360 15 just might be the best all-around laptop

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. jennifercolemanme's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    Hi all,

    If you've read the text that USED to exist here before, scratch that. Big Thanks for clarifying what I thought was a win. Due to this, I DID find something interesting in regards to the ExtensibilityApp class (Windows.Phone.System.LockscreenExtensibility.Exte nsibilityApp). I happened to also find a hidden capability "ID_CAP_SHELL_DEVICE_LOCK_UI_API" (Seems to be a locked CAP because it only works on Emulator. I get a deployment error on my if I try including this capability). I suspected that these two worked together, but I wanted to make sure of this.

    Before we get started, read through the documentation from this site: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...bilityapp.aspx.

    We have the following methods:
    BeginUnlock
    EndUnlock
    GetLockPinpadHeight
    IsLockScreenApplicationRegistered
    IsSystemOverlayApplicationRegistered
    RaiseToastNotifications
    RegisterLockScreenApplication
    RegisterSystemOverlayApplication
    UnregisterLockScreenApplication
    UnregisterSystemOverlayApplication

    As usual, Microsoft doesn't really give us much in terms of documentation.. Probably because it isn't meant to be used by the normal developer.

    All of these methods have no parameters at all, but I can almost guarantee this has to do with having an application that can control the lock screen.

    This thread will be for efforts in breaking this open and seeing whether we can create lockscreen applications..
  2. Laura Knotek's Avatar

    Posts
    25,655 Posts
    Global Posts
    47,720 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    Hi and welcome to WPCentral.

    I've moved this thread to the Developers Corner forum, since this subject is something that is more relevant to developers than ordinary users.
  3. Expression2's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    79 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #3  
    I've tried this API before. Can't really get it to work cause i don't see any public properties for setting FrameworkElements or anything. Let's just wait for Joe to announce the next update before we try anything
  4. Vitor Salvatore Pierce's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    449 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Expression2 View Post
    I've tried this API before. Can't really get it to work cause i don't see any public properties for setting FrameworkElements or anything. Let's just wait for Joe to announce the next update before we try anything
    In 12400.899 maybe can deploy? I have it, but I couldn't try yet.
  5. sinclairinator's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #5  
    ? This thread is a pure copy and paste from My XDA-Developers thread (ExtensibilityApp class in WP 8.1 Silverlight | Windows Phone 8 | XDA Forum). Anyway, I added more information to it :)
  6. Vitor Salvatore Pierce's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    449 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinclairinator View Post
    ? This thread is a pure copy and paste from My XDA-Developers thread (ExtensibilityApp class in WP 8.1 Silverlight | Windows Phone 8 | XDA Forum). Anyway, I added more information to it :)
    I can't post there, yet. :[
  7. sinclairinator's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #7  
    You won't be able to deploy. ID_CAP_SHELL_DEVICE_LOCK_UI_API is restricted at the moment. In terms of FrameworkElements, you're close there. It actually uses a Silverlight app as the LockApp. I was able to deploy test code to the Emulator using that capability, BUT the emulator doesn't contain all of the necessary files in order to actually allow you to run the app
  8. Vitor Salvatore Pierce's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    449 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  
    I look to the code of the app (that trick of SD Card) ...
    Here's the manifest...
    <Capabilities>
    <Capability Name="ID_CAP_NETWORKING" />
    <Capability Name="ID_CAP_MEDIALIB_AUDIO" />
    <Capability Name="ID_CAP_MEDIALIB_PLAYBACK" />
    <Capability Name="ID_CAP_SENSORS" />
    <Capability Name="ID_CAP_WEBBROWSERCOMPONENT" />
    <Capability Name="ID_CAP_PUSH_NOTIFICATION" />
    <Capability Name="ID_CAP_SHELL_DEVICE_LOCK_UI_API" />
    </Capabilities>

    And in the end:
    <InProcessServer>
    <Path>Nokia.InteropServices.WindowsRuntime.dll</Path>
    <ActivatableClass ActivatableClassId="Nokia.InteropServices.WindowsRuntime.BufferFactory" ThreadingModel="both" />
    </InProcessServer>

    PS: Microsoft has corrected the bug to view the apps from the SD card with the update 12400.899.
    I'm with my brother's phone in 895
  9. sinclairinator's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitor Salvatore Pierce View Post
    I look to the code of the app (that trick of SD Card) ...
    Here's the manifest...
    <Capabilities>
    <Capability Name="ID_CAP_NETWORKING" />
    <Capability Name="ID_CAP_MEDIALIB_AUDIO" />
    <Capability Name="ID_CAP_MEDIALIB_PLAYBACK" />
    <Capability Name="ID_CAP_SENSORS" />
    <Capability Name="ID_CAP_WEBBROWSERCOMPONENT" />
    <Capability Name="ID_CAP_PUSH_NOTIFICATION" />
    <Capability Name="ID_CAP_SHELL_DEVICE_LOCK_UI_API" />
    </Capabilities>

    And in the end:
    <InProcessServer>
    <Path>Nokia.InteropServices.WindowsRuntime.dll</Path>
    <ActivatableClass ActivatableClassId="Nokia.InteropServices.WindowsRuntime.BufferFactory" ThreadingModel="both" />
    </InProcessServer>

    PS: Microsoft has corrected the bug to view the apps from the SD card with the update 12400.899.
    I'm with my brother's phone in 895
    No wonder I wasn't able to use the SD Card trick. I tried it out AFTER I had .899 :P.

    Yeah, I already have the binary for the live lock app. Looking through it confirmed everything I put in the post.
  10. Vitor Salvatore Pierce's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    449 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinclairinator View Post
    No wonder I wasn't able to use the SD Card trick. I tried it out AFTER I had .899 :P.

    Yeah, I already have the binary for the live lock app. Looking through it confirmed everything I put in the post.

    I think that, for know, is just for app from store. Maybe GDR1 with a update on VS?
  11. sinclairinator's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitor Salvatore Pierce View Post
    I think that, for know, is just for app from store. Maybe GDR1 with a update on VS?
    We can only hope.
  12. sinclairinator's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #12  
    forum.xda-developers.com/windows-phone-8/development/xap-lockscreen-app-t2837016/

    One of our guys made an app using the APIs. Check it out.

Similar Threads

  1. How to use My Commute in Here Drive?
    By Arpit Mittal in forum Nokia Lumia 720
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-26-2014, 09:38 PM
  2. Kinect trade in?
    By crunchy pockets in forum Xbox Console Gaming
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-13-2014, 12:29 PM
  3. In other news, June 23rd, 2014, Costco will carry the iPhone.
    By Jazmac in forum The "Off Topic" Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-12-2014, 09:37 AM
  4. update in settings and banners
    By Dinesh Kumar2004 in forum Windows Phone 8.1 Preview for Developers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-12-2014, 02:45 AM

Posting Permissions