Apps Ideas.

CrossIsHere

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

You've got some app ideas but you're not a developer and want to share those ideas? If so then you're at right place.Please share some ideas and keep this thread alive because i really think it'll will be very helpful for developers.
Developers will get new ideas without wasting much time and they will know what kind of apps do we want and guess what? They will work on these ideas and possibly you will get what you wanted :)

Okay so I'll start. I want a steam app and an app to unblock YouTube.

@moderators Please move this thread to the appropriate forum because I don't know which one is more appropriate :p

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I am a developer but I don't have a WP8 phone yet (will in a few days hopefully).

You could create an app called "App Ideas" that looks up the top 10 or 20 apps in the App Store and Google Play, then checks the Microsoft store to see if it exists on WP. You could list those so that people have a better idea of what is missing. That would be a nice little dev tool.

CrossIsHere

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I am a developer but I don't have a WP8 phone yet (will in a few days hopefully).

You could create an app called "App Ideas" that looks up the top 10 or 20 apps in the App Store and Google Play, then checks the Microsoft store to see if it exists on WP. You could list those so that people have a better idea of what is missing. That would be a nice little dev tool.

That will be very helpful for all the developers out there and this app will be a slap on the faces of those who say that App Gap doesn't exist.
As you said you are a developer. So,will you create this kinda app?

And congrats for your new WP8.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I would love an app that induces loads of productivity and practicality. I feel like truly productive, yet practical apps are hard to come by in the Windows Phone Store. For example, an app that is extremely intuitive for the user, but its function is beyond useful for getting a simple problem solved or a simple task done. To be honest with you, there isn't any one suggestion I could make regarding an app like this, but it's just a trend (or lack thereof) I've noticed with the Store; all the productivity + tools apps are flashlights and/or all-in-ones, apps that include GPS, altitude, speedometer, etc all in one app.

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
That will be very helpful for all the developers out there and this app will be a slap on the faces of those who say that App Gap doesn't exist.
As you said you are a developer. So,will you create this kinda app?

And congrats for your new WP8.

My "new" WP is a used 920 since my Titan II broke =( If I were to build such an app I think it will probably have multiple purposes. I would want it to also look up apps and games that are missing from the WP store, but also find similar (or clone) apps that fill the gap. That way developers know what is missing and casual users will know that even though the official app isn't there, alternatives exist, and sometimes they are better.

Actually I think I will write that=)

CrossIsHere

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
My "new" WP is a used 920 since my Titan II broke =( If I were to build such an app I think it will probably have multiple purposes. I would want it to also look up apps and games that are missing from the WP store, but also find similar (or clone) apps that fill the gap. That way developers know what is missing and casual users will know that even though the official app isn't there, alternatives exist, and sometimes they are better.

Actually I think I will write that=)

I'm really happy you're writing such an app.I hope it'll be great (am I expecting much? LOL). Good luck with your project. :)
Even if the 920 you're getting is old, it doesn't matter because it's still new one for YOU :).

Last edited:

CrossIsHere

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Okay So I've found a killer app idea and I'm not a developer so I'll leave it to the developers if they want to write such an app.
------------
Name: Bird Sounds ( or anything you want)
Well the idea is to write an app which would allow you to discover the type of bird that was singing in your garden or at the countryside. Simply turn on the app and allow it to detect the sound of the bird, and it would then display the results on your phone.
--------------
How you would make money?
Make money with Bird Sounds App by charging the client per download. You could also market the app through various wildlife societies.

CrossIsHere

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Another great idea 💡 coming soon :p

Edit: Well the idea is here!
App Name: XRAY Vision
This is an app that will allow the user to show their friends that they have x-ray vision. Simply hold the camera on your phone up to a wall and you will get a video image of what is happening next door.

How this will make you money?

You will not charge for app download but you can attach a small fee for downloading different scenes which could be funny or naughty.

Interesting huh?

Last edited:

PipoDj

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I was looking for a good app that lets you put watermark on your photos before uploading them to social networking sites (FB, instagram, twitter, etc) but so far no success. What i want is it accepts all image file types, lets you scale it to your liking, allows you to edit the transparency to your liking. If you know how adobe lightroom does its watermarking feature, that's basically what i need for an app plus it lets you decide what blending mode it does (more like the blending modes in adobe photoshop layers) . I could dream for this app but i can't create it.

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
That sounds simple enough, although I never tried adobe lightroom though so can you post some screenshots of what it is exactly that you need?

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Interactive lock screen app. For instance I have a pic of my daughter. I would love to have an app where as I unlock my phone with her pic it will be her voice saying "hi daddy" or anything you can record.

schiznatch

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I have been looking for an app that will let me keep track of the last time I have completed tasks, instead of scheduling tasks in the future. I ran across a link for an iOS app that is exactly what I was looking for. Apparently, the developer pulled it from the store because he didn't have time to keep up with it. I couldn't find anything like it in the WP Store, so hopefully someone can make one for us.

The basic idea is that you add an event (changed oil in car) which automatically has the current time and date (which can be changed to make it a future or past event) and when you click Save, it adds the event with that date as the last completed date. You build the list like this over time. Next time you "change the oil" you just click that event, and click the Now button to quickly add another completed date to that event.

Link: Time Flies - Super Simple Event Tracking

Also, I would like to add that I would be willing to pay $2-$4 for an app like this since it is probably niche and not something that everybody HAS to have.

Last edited:

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

You've got some app ideas but you're not a developer and want to share those ideas? If so then you're at right place.Please share some ideas and keep this thread alive because i really think it'll will be very helpful for developers.
Developers will get new ideas without wasting much time and they will know what kind of apps do we want and guess what? They will work on these ideas and possibly you will get what you wanted :)

Okay so I'll start. I want a steam app and an app to unblock YouTube.

@moderators Please move this thread to the appropriate forum because I don't know which one is more appropriate :p

Try this app:
http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=11652993-4a58-4399-81b7-3f14848724d0

PipoDj

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I was just curious, since your post is under mine, if you were replying to me. If so, just let me know what you need. xD

I think branedge is replying to me. He sent me a private message.
Anyway I also have another app idea which is already present in android and iOS but is not yet developed for WP. It's called photo repost app targeting instagram users who wish to put the original owner's name as watermark when reposting their photos in instagram. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo