Join the WindowsCentral Developer Program!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarmaEcrivain94

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I want to join the program, because I love developping, and am interested in the community and the potential publicity. What I love in developping isn't the C# part, but more the XAML, using tons of animations, designing nice modern icons on Photoshop, and just having a nice looking application. To say the truth, I'm pretty bad at the c# part.

Here are my finished Apps (2 for the moment, one of them might not show for everyone yet): http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/store/publishers?publisherId=PWDiv Apps
Here is the App I developped for the Mojio contest (I didn't win, but I did arrive in the top 10, out of 850, I can show proof if necessary): https://youtu.be/LvsNU3FtAdc

I have various other projects hanging around, but I'm not really working on them right now...

Last edited:

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I would like to join program as I have been designing apps for corporates for more than 3 years. My works involved mostly on user specs and UI designs and development was done by the programming team. Now I am starting to develop my own apps.

I would like to interact with other developers for guidance and advise. Thank you

good2create

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Hello James,

First of all let me introduce our team. We are two of us: Aniko Simon & Henrik Barna, the good2create team. We are hobby Windows & Windows Phone app developers. We are spending all of our free time to improve ourselves and our apps. We have expert level on the dev center benefits program and our aim is to take part of more developer programs so we would be happy if we could join the WindowsCentral Developer Program. One of our apps - Live Lock Themes - has more than 300K downloads with more than 8K ratings (4.4 average).
We have sent emails many times asking reviews on WindowsCentral without any success. We hope the developer program help us and other developers in this field as well.
Our apps:
KeepIn Calendar: KeepIn Calendar | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
Live Lock Themes: Live Lock Themes | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
Rune Reading: Rune Reading | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

If you need any further information about us please contact us.

Many thanks in advance,

Aniko & Henrik
good2create Team

stuartbritt

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I'm a new Windows Phone developer and I have recently released my first app - "Pinmore for OneNote". It's a companion app for OneNote, which provides the ability to pin tiles for sections and notebooks, (OneNote just allows you to pin pages). It also provides transparent tiles and allows you to create notebooks and sections on your phone, which is also missing from the OneNote app.

I think this would be useful for a lot of people, but getting people to hear about the app is probably the hardest part! Hopefully the Windows Central developer program might be able to help with that

Last edited:

jakeinc

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Hello my name is Jake and I'm almost completed with my first app for Windows Phone. It's a Translator for the Microsoft Band. I'd like to join so I can gain some publicity about my app after it's released and learn/give information about developing. Thank you!

ehuna

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm a developer and I have released a couple of apps. The latest is "My Purchases (Powered By Slice)", the thread is here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/app-spotlight/344064-new-app-my-purchases-powered-slice.html

I'm a huge fan of Windows Central and I use the app on my Lumia 1520 and on my Windows 8.1 devices - Windows Central and Hacker News are pretty much guaranteed to be checked out daily. :)

That's the reason I'm applying, although I'm a good developer my marketing and sales resources are not that great - it would be amazing if "My Purchases (Powered By Slice)" was featured in your front page.

Thanks for considering it and for building such an amazing site and forum for the community!

MaxyBley

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Don't know if this is the right place to ask. But, I'd like to learn to develop apps for Windows Phone. Any websites that can teach me?

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Don't know if this is the right place to ask. But, I'd like to learn to develop apps for Windows Phone. Any websites that can teach me?

Microsoft Virtual Academy is a great site especially for Windows Phone development and I personally used learnvisualstudio.net when I was learning, although that costs it's entirely worth every penny

Mark Terborg

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I develop apps on the side. My most popular are Recorded TV HD for Windows Media Center, My Memories for Windows Media Center, and My Memories Interactive Slideshow (for Windows Store). I've written a couple of kids apps for Windows Phone 7 back in the day (which are still available in the store): "Kids Draw And Color" and "Kids Band"

My apps in the Windows Store and Windows Phone Store have yet to get much traction. I'm currently working on creating a Windows Phone version of My Memories Interactive Slideshow using the universal app concept and it is going pretty awesome so far! I'm almost finished with it. I have a few questions for more seasoned Windows Phone developers and the possibility of my apps getting featured sounds amazing.

Thanks for considering me!

kurotsuki

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
I'm one of dozens mobile app developer out there. Mainly working on iOS and a little Android for the company I work for (if you're in Texas and know some medical practitioners, maybe you've heard MediMobile, a charge capture service for medical practitioners (mainly physicians) to keep track patients records, rounds and appointments schedules, and of course, billing records. Well ... Enough for this background since the company still decided to wait and look around whether any physicians want Windows support (currently only supporting iOS and Android).

Since I'm one of those Windows Phone fans, I've been tinkering with Windows Phone SDK since the era of Mango. But alas, I never had the chance to create a fully working product... Until now. Just a couple of days ago, I submitted an app (and approved and already go live). But there comes a common problem for developers .... Marketing. So ... Here I am, following a link on how to join WindowsCentral Developer Program.

And since this program are not exclusively on marketing side, I think I want to dwell deeper into this group. Hopefully, benefiting both me and fellow developers.

My best regards,
Kurotsuki of Radical Dreamers

LastBattle

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Hello there,

I'm an individual developer since Windows Phone 7 and I've published quite a bit of apps to date. Mainly focusing on 'BitBot - Live bitcoin tracker' out of passion from day to day.

BitBot - Live Bitcoin tracker | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
42423fe4-54bc-431e-bb8e-e26f2f408971
0afebfb5-7a51-4e3d-b39c-5ef31d1335f3

and a few others including:
xinvideos: xin videos | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (Singapore)
Windows store extensions: Extensions for Windows Store | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
Instagram(obsolete) : #2InstaWithMassiveLove | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

I'm a windows user myself, with the Surface Pro 3, Lumia 1520 and I'm pretty passionate about sharing around on the things you can do on Windows.

I hope to join this program and take a look at what's inside! Thanks again :)

Regards,
LastBattle

jaygeek

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
James/Team WC, I'm getting a tad lost... ~6 months ago, WindowsCentral stated that they want to "EXPLODE our developer program into something fun, interactive, and worthwhile for all", but I'm not certain what the Program part of the #DeveloperProgram is. I've been "in" for quite a while, but other than the (albeit AWESOME) forums that we can search, is there more that I'm just not hearing about? Not seeing, somewhere?

P.S. I'm also on VerizonWireless and can't believe Nokia has completely vanished! ...for months! https://twitter.com/jaygeek/status/566334943144714241

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
@jaygeek - Appreciate the feedback and patience :) A lot of moving pieces here, but we've been working hard behind the scenes. If you have any suggestions or concerns please do reach out to me direct, I'm always around!!!

seemack

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

Another developer that serially develops apps in my spare time checking in (I'm starting to think I may have a problem). I don't often release my apps but, when I do, I aim to make them high-quality and thought-provoking. I've got a couple Windows Phone apps in the store, 1Alarm and Lumpy Circles and am just putting the final touches on a portfolio app for the Windows platform.

I'd like to be a part of the developer program for the private forums. I figure it will be a good source of information and a good way to stay on top of current trends in Windows app development. Also, the chance to see my app on the front page of WindowsCentral sounds awesome!

Cheers,
seemack

Kovaelin

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
I'll be going into programming soon, and am interested in app development. I think it would be helpful for me to have a place to ask for advice when getting started in the scene, and also find technical help when needed.

I'm not looking to get featured any time soon, but I have some ideas for apps that I'd want to use for myself.

I hope to eventually become good enough and able to contribute back to the developer program. Ideally, I'd also like to exchange and provide information with others in the future.

FarrelRaden

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site
Hey im a Android Developer(Not Pro) i just bought a Windows Phone ,and I think i can be Windows Phone developer.I hope u accepted me as a windows phone developer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon