Join the WindowsCentral Developer Program!

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
WindowsCentral is looking to EXPLODE our developer program into something fun, interactive, and worthwhile for all Windows and Windows Phone developers. Doesn't matter if you're a seasoned developer, or a newbie looking to get started... if you're interested in Windows and/or Windows Phone development, this is the program for you!

Benefits of joining include:

1. Knowledgeable and helpful discussion with developers from around the world.
  2. A developer user title.
  3. Access to our private 'developers only' forum.
  4. Chances to have your app(s) featured on our front page.
It's all good stuff!

To apply, reply in this thread and tell us WHY you want to be a part of the program!!
We review all applications regularly, so keep an eye on your PM box!

The WindowsCentral Developer program is here to help Windows and Windows Phone Developers. We hope you'll join us!

Last edited by a moderator:

mylumia928

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I am a developer with a couple apps out. My best is Translucent Apps, which gives users semitransparent tiles for their start screen. I am joining because I am having a tough time finding users, and if my app get featured, that would help a lot.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I am a developer with a couple apps out. My best is Translucent Apps, which gives users semitransparent tiles for their start screen. I am joining because I am having a tough time finding users, and if my app get featured, that would help a lot.

​Awesome. Check your PM's. You're in!

harry2345

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

AaHaa

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
We (me and the co-founder and lead developer) are Wooden Plank Studios and we have made Cat's Catch, a casual game on Windows 8 that is one of the most downloaded free games in a lot of countries all over the world. We also make comics that you might have seen somewhere on the web (still working on our own website to give them a nice home, if you want to help, please!). We're currently trying REALLY hard to enroll in the AppCampus program to make a Windows Phone version of Cat's Catch. But, if that doesn't work out, you can be sure our next game will come to Windows Phone first ;)

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I am new to app development. I am willing to start my development with windows phone because I always loved windows phone. My first smartphone was a windowsphone and I am not gonna leave the platform anytime soon. I am working on my first app and I wish to join this program because I am looking forward to exchanging ideas with fellow developed and learning new things.

dassennato

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm a web developer who makes WP8 apps as an Indie project which I started more than a year ago. I have already 4 apps published, one was proudly reviewed here http://www.windowscentral.com/super-speed-touch-no-nonsense-approach-testing-your-reflexes, the others can be found here: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/store/publishers?publisherId=dassennato

I wanna be in the program in order to learn more about this Mobile Dev world which I find challenging sometimes cause I come from the Web one. Because of that, my first 2 WP8 Apps were HTML5 based, now I develop in native C# and pretend to migrate to Universal Apps pretty soon as well as make my first steps with Unity.

Last edited by a moderator:

Idiosyncrasy

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Another developer chiming in here - nothing published to the App Store yet (due to some issues with my contract at work - these issues have been resolved so any development I do on my own is actually mine! Woohoo!) but I am currently working on a 2D RPG for Windows Phone and Windows (Both Store and Desktop) devices and am helping with a universal 8.1 Steam Community app. Picked up my Windows Phone 2 years ago and haven't regretted it since.

Looking to join the program due to the publicity that could potentially be generated as well as the networking aspect. Always willing to help out where I can and sometimes I've got questions that somebody else has come across. It's a good thing for developers to be able share their experiences and thoughts, as well as hopefully get feedback from users at all stages of development to help shape a better product.

Chrono803

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I'd like to join, myself.

I'm mainly a web developer but would like to learn more about developing on the Windows Phone platform and hopefully get an app or two out. Thanks!

Im_Q

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi there, I'm Q. I'm a software engineer by day, WPDev by night. I run a blog dedicated to improving third party WP app UX called Modernography. I develop custom controls and provide resources that allow devs to make their apps look as refined, professional, and Modern-UX-conformed as possible. I also spend a fair amount of time on the MSDN forums helping other devs solve UI problems and other odd gotchas they might encounter. I currently only have one published app but I work on many smaller projects for personal use. You can see my currently published app here. Being a veteran XAML dev, of course it's rated 5 stars :).

I mainly want to join to expand my networking with other WP, Windows, and C# developers. I also want to make myself available to help/solve development issues with other devs as well as provide critical and constructive feed back on UX and design choices so we can improve WP app experience.

Cindy WP

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I'd like to join the program as well, because I'd love for more users to discover my app. I've made my first app (check my signature for the link) and really enjoyed the process + learned a ton. Hoping to create more, though with uni going back into full swing, it might be a while later before I can get back at it!

Last edited:

Md Salim

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I am a developers of windows software. Now I would to be developers xap file of windows phone. because I love to windows phone to use than others OS.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello to all. I'd like to join for a few reasons:
1. To meet and learn from other developers.
2. To share ideas and knowledge about how to bring those ideas into the Windows app stores.
3. To increase my understanding of coding and app development.

I am a newbie at app developing, although I have two apps in the store. They are nothing to write home about though. ��
Anyway, I look forward to this idea.

danglingneuron

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I develop games part time as a hobby aspiring to be an indie dev, have published 7 games so far on Windows Phone and Windows 8.

Air Soccer Fever Online multiplayer Soccer game
Bit Raid old school retro game with a new spin
Hyper Cell Music Rhythm 3D psychedlic platformer game
Tank Arena 3D SciFi Tank Action game
Super Polygon Music Rhythm twitch survival game
Sea Quest 2D submarine shooter game
Chess Wars chess game

4 million downloads and 4+ star games. Would love to be part of the dev community and get that developer badge/title :) and share my expertise with other devs.

Imran / @danglingneuron
http://danglingneuron.wordpress.com

Last edited:

Chicopower

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

i currently developing my first Windows Phone 8.1 / Windows 8.1 application (4-5 hours / week).
I have a good development experience 10+ years.

I expect to publish my application for 1st quarter of 2015.
I'm looking for a good place to keep me informed, discuss with possible new friends and sharing some infos when i can help.

Thx

goodbar_dev

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi All -

I picked up a Windows Phone the day they were released and have not looked back. I published my first app "Timeout Tiles" back when there were only 60k apps in the store, and have since went on to publish 6 more apps which have had much better response :).

My Apps:

Calendar Calleague
Conference Calleague
Toddler Paint
Whip Free
Grillin' Buddy
Pay it Forward
Time Out Tiles

I mainly want to join the program since (aside from being a developer) I am an avid wpcentral reader and follow Windows / Windows Phone news regularly. I even picked up a razor from Harry's! (Thanks Windows Weekly :)). I also enjoy networking with other Windows Phone devs. For most of us this is a hobby and something we are very passionate about and enjoy doing in our free time after work and (for many of us) after the kids go to bed, and it is a good time sharing ideas, helping each other, and joking around.

barko78

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
I would like to be included in this if there's still room. I'm an IT Professional with no development experience. I have been considering learning how to develop apps and Windows phone would be my platform of choice. My interests are the outdoors and exercising so I think I'd focus initially on health, camping and maybe some fun things for my kids.

Ben

melzappICTServ

May 31, 2014
Visit site
I'm a new developer and just working on my first app. It's basically focuses a couple things I love; namely flowing plants (#petaLove) and the soil properties needed for optimum growth (GeoGeog Major). I started mainly as a hobby because of a Basic IT Project my NGO was being funded for and we got a tonne of licensed software and computers that were collecting dust... so I wanted to put them to good use :). I'm no wizard when it comes to coding, so I'm always shifting from Visual Studio to MVA... I guess I just want to be a part of the community that is able to openly share stuff/ides/suggestions for me to get my so out there in no time. I I'm often busy with my day job and most of my coding coleges have their published apps already, albeit not on my fave platform WP! For what its worth, check out AniPix" and "Jahlingo" on iOS.
Lumia520, WP8.1 U1, DevPrev

wpgeek820

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone :) I am a new small-time freelance WP developer and I have 3 apps built so far. My first one (kind of a test) was a Simple Weather app with Bing maps support and Telerik integration. The other two apps' names cannot be disclosed due to an NDA but they include working with Nokia Imaging SDK 1.0.

I love Windows Phone and I have been with the platform since the release of the 820. I'm open to learn great things from fellow developers. I am looking forward to contribute my part to the WP Community.

I'm glad to get to know you all here :) Cheers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills